First Lite 2A and Conservation Stances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
The Chernin Group is not a political movement.

They are investors. They invest in places they see a chance for higher than average returns per dollar investment.

If a hunting equipment company isn't pro hunting enough for you, I don't know what to say.

If you buy anything from any publicly owned company, you're giving money to "rabidly anti hunting/2a" people.

This is cancel culture gone crazy.
"Paypal is not a political movement. They are a payment processor!"

I'm shocked anyone actually took the time to make this argument with a straight face.

"Paypal is not a political movement. They are a payment processor!"

I'm shocked anyone actually took the time to make this argument with a straight face.
They don't accept payments for all sorts of things...

If it might get them in court, you can't use them.

Highest return for least risk.

Exactly like my original point.

Deadfall

WKR
I'm a white guy. Im intimidated by the mountains all the time. The ways to die out there are through the roof.

Ever had a grizzly five steps in the dark?
For god sakes, this race nonsense drives me crazy

fwafwow

WKR
I personally think the article is more nuanced than the title might suggest. And the quote about intimidation is a quote from one guy. Much of the rest of the article is citing statistics and I think the gist is that if hunters want hunting to continue, it would be helpful to get more people hunting - from all backgrounds.

Typed from my Apple and Samsung electronic equipment - political beliefs unknown, but likely not in favor of 2A or hunting.

Deadfall

WKR
That's always been the case, how to get more people involved. Starting to make it a race thing is a mistake. Making stuff about race has not one time led to anything other then more division.

Those kind of articles go nowhere good

That's always been the case, how to get more people involved. Starting to make it a race thing is a mistake. Making stuff about race has not one time led to anything other then more division.

Those kind of articles go nowhere good
Not acknowledging that a third of the country has no family history of hunting, and little of outdoor recreation seems like it wouldn't help with getting more people involved.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a white guy. Im intimidated by the mountains all the time. The ways to die out there are through the roof.

Ever had a grizzly five steps in the dark?
For god sakes, this race nonsense drives me crazy
As it stands with the current ruling regime of the west, there is no activity or identity that can morally be majority white. Meateaters shift in that direction was natural following buy in from the likes of the Chernin group

Deadfall

WKR
Uh....To my knowledge people who hunt, fish, and generally recreate out doors have long aknowledged that we are not the majority. That most people in this country do not hunt or fish. Or even understand it. We who do, understand those folks are simply not educated about hunting and fishing. It's a cultural thing. Not a race thing. Most people trying to stop hunting are white folks.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Based on hunting participation #s, hunting is a super majority white activity. Whether or not the majority of white people participate in that activity is irrelevant as folks pursue hobbies and such to their liking in great variety.

The greater idea is that if you would like others to get involved in your activity why are you complaining about the membership that is participating rather than just appealing to other demographics? The answer is those folks are just anti white and don't like white cultural activities.

If you were interested in getting more white people into the NBA, how productive would it be to complain about black membership? Clearly not very effective.

Based on hunting participation #s, hunting is a super majority white activity. Whether or not the majority of white people participate in that activity is irrelevant as folks pursue hobbies and such to their liking in great variety.

The greater idea is that if you would like others to get involved in your activity why are you complaining about the membership that is participating rather than just appealing to other demographics? The answer is those folks are just anti white and don't like white cultural activities.
You started out good.

But calling people who have no heritage in the outdoors "anti white" is insane.

Trying to make it that they don't like certain activities because they have very limited access and exposure is exactly what will keep them from trying them.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
You started out good.

But calling people who have no heritage in the outdoors "anti white" is insane.

Trying to make it that they don't like certain activities because they have very limited access and exposure is exactly what will keep them from trying them.
That is not even close to what I said.
Put very simply, the folks that attack hunting membership because it is too white are anti white. That is a different thing than wanting a greater populace of hunters participating in the activity.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Outrage of the day…. It gets tiring.
Whether we like it or not, the largest voice and media outlet in the hunting industry (meat eater) does have a large effect on hunting culture. Theres no sin in discussing the effects those have on hunters.
If you want to stick your head in the sand thats fine too but theres no reason for you to be poopooing discussion.

That is not even close to what I said.
Put very simply, the folks that attack hunting membership because it is too white are anti white. That is a different thing than wanting a greater populace of hunters participating in the activity.
Go re read what you wrote.

Also, no one is attacking it BECAUSE it's too white.

Status
Not open for further replies.