First Lite Corrugate Guide Pants Review, by Sam Millard

Eagle

WKR
Yeah, the long inseams in the small are also an issue with FL. I wear 36/34 jeans and the large fits perfect. I also have a big azz, thighs and hips and have problems with most pants (Kanabs don't fit) and these fit.

It's essentially impossible to find pants from hunting companies that fit me, no one that I'm aware of has pants that will fit a 30" waist and 34" inseam, aside from Kuiu last time I checked.

bbrown

WKR
They really aren't loud once they get broke in and/or washed a couple times. The cut in the legs is a bit tight but that helps limit some of the "swooshing" noise as you walk.

I did 35+ miles in mine this past weekend hunting and packing out my bull and they held up great - the material and build is awesome. The material is slightly lighter than the attacks and seem to have more stretch too which helps climbing. Because of the skinny legs I don't see myself wearing these around town but these are purpose built for the back country. The attacks were my go to pant and I still wear them but I was pleasantly surprised by these.

A lot of FL gear (anything non-wool) requires a couple washes to get broken in and get quieter. I appreciate that FL plans ahead like this instead of going with a softer and perhaps less rugged material to make it quiet out of the box. They should maybe think about doing something at the factory to eliminate these complaints though. The North Branch pants on the other hand had a bit of swooshing. Will be taking them out again for third season post their 3rd wash and see if it's any better. The NB jacket isn't nearly as bad after a wash or 2.

crazywednesday

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I should have washed mine before sending them back. I cant comment on durability since I didnt have them long enough to evaluate, but there has already been plenty of that.

Jon Boy

WKR
I hate jumping on band wagons. I really do, and tell it how it is no matter whose saying what. Having said that, these pants are awesome, I dont think Ill ever own a different pair of go to hunting pants. Comfy, durable, fit awesome, and the pocket lay out is absolutely perfect. I'm 5'8 and the skinniest in the legs in M are a perfect fit for me. I prefer a skinnier pant for hunting so that its getting caught on minimal brush. For taller guys it seems to be a bit skinnier on them, but for me its an absolute perfect fit.

BOW1144

Lil-Rokslider
Im 6 foot 1 185 pounds and the mediums fit me perfectly. I love everything about these pants. In regards to the noise there is a huge relation in noise to size and fit. Mine fitting sort of tight (more relaxed) have almost no noise, where as my brother who is built similar to me but is a couple of inches taller had to go with a large for the length. His are super loud due the bagginess and they have been washed and worn on two week long hunts. If you are fortunate to fall into a size that fits you correctly then these are awesome quiet pants , but if you fall into the in between sizes they are still going to be a great pant but expect them to be a little swooshy. I would recommend sizing down if you can they do seem to relax after a day or two of wearing them.

twall13

WKR
Wats difference in kanabs to corrugate

Are you asking about sizing? or materials, etc? Materials, the Kanab 2.0's are a wool pant with strategically placed panels of material similar to what the entire Corrugate pants are made from. This material allows the pants to stretch and gives added durability. Obviously the wool is quieter, breathes a bit better, and won't hold scent. I found that the size Large in the Kanab's was a bit tight in the waist and thighs compared to my size Large Corrugates. Both are great pants and have their place, but of the two my personal preference is the Corrugates. They are more durable, move with me better and, for me anyway, fit better. I'm sure others can chime in with their thoughts on the differences as well.

The Kanabs are a little bit warmer, but more quiet. The fit isn't even close for me. The thighs and hips are absurdly tight on me to the point of being unwearable, but as I said before I have big hips and thighs. Order from warm to cold weather their pants are: Corrugates, Kanabs, North Branch, Sanctuary with the latter two able to be layered on top of the first two. Have yet to try the sanctuary, but have tried or own everything else. Ordered from quiet to loud it would be: Kanabs, Sanctuary, Corrugates, North Branch.

The Kanabs are a little bit warmer, but more quiet. The fit isn't even close for me. The thighs and hips are absurdly tight on me to the point of being unwearable, but as I said before I have big hips and thighs. Order from warm to cold weather their pants are: Corrugates, Kanabs, North Branch, Sanctuary with the latter two able to be layered on top of the first two. Have yet to try the sanctuary, but have tried or own everything else. Ordered from quiet to loud it would be: Kanabs, Sanctuary, Corrugates, North Branch.

The north branch is loud?

Roy68

WKR
I've had the Kanabs & Kuiu Attacks. Just picked up my first pair of Corrugate Pants. I have no field use on them yet, but I'm looking forward to it in a few weeks. I'm impressed with the fit & finish on these. I'm 5' 10", a square 220# (right now), with thick thighs & calves, 36/34. Larges fit fine for me.

My only beef with the pants: The zipped cargo pocket openings are small. My bare hands barely fit through the opening. I'm positive that with a cool to cold weather glove on, I'm not getting into those pockets without removing my gloves. Maybe, mine were sewn wrong. Anyone else notice this?

The north branch is loud?

I had a noticeable swoosh while walking. Going to give them another shot 3rd season after another wash. Was also very wet when I noticed the sound, so might be related to the material being wet. The jacket isn't too loud, quieter than the stormtight, about even with the puffy.

My only beef with the pants: The zipped cargo pocket openings are small. My bare hands barely fit through the opening. I'm positive that with a cool to cold weather glove on, I'm not getting into those pockets without removing my gloves. Maybe, mine were sewn wrong. Anyone else notice this?

I didn't notice it specifically, but will check it out. It was nowhere near as bad as the Kuiu Tibs where I couldn't even fit my thumb through the opening.

Mmcan

WKR
I wore the corrugates on my elk hunt this fall. I am 6' and about 220lbs. 34-36" waist. The Large fit great. The material is comfortable during the fall hunts (I also wore them hiking and shooting in Texas in 100 degrees w 70-80% humidity and they were a bit clammy at times, but so are all pants with that kind of weather). They were also very comfortable wearing FL merino long underwear.

I also wore the Kuiu Alpine pants on my hunt. I liked them as well, and it has great features like pockets and layout and pads (they fit my knee bend great) but the material seemed much more clammy to me.

I wish FL and Kuiu would make a pant with the FL material and the Kuiu features.

Lastly, back home in Texas, I am wearing the FL corrugate more than the kuiu. I don't need the features as much when hunting on my lease because I can keep things in my truck/atv/cabin,...