First Lite Corrugate Guide Pants Review, by Sam Millard

twall13

WKR
Are the Corrugates windproof? Or moreso at least than the Kanab version 1?

I recently spent some time in a tree stand on a 45* day with a slight breeze, maybe 7 or 8 MPH winds at most. I didn't think I was going to be in a tree stand all day and didn't wear long underwear under the Corrugates. I froze! After I put my rain gear on for a wind break it helped a lot so I'd say the Corrugates, being made as a very breathable pant, are not very wind proof. I don't have any experience with the Kanab 1.0 so I can't compare but if you are looking for a wind proof layer these are not a fit. Having said that, I'm loving these pants!

twall13

WKR
My only beef with the pants: The zipped cargo pocket openings are small. My bare hands barely fit through the opening. I'm positive that with a cool to cold weather glove on, I'm not getting into those pockets without removing my gloves. Maybe, mine were sewn wrong. Anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]

I spent the last week or so in these pants every day and since I'd read your post I paid closer attention to the zippered cargo pockets. I'll admit, they are a bit tight for a full hand, but they are also fairly shallow pockets. I found that it wasn't a problem for me at all to just put four fingers (no thumb) into the pocket and scoop out whatever I needed, even while wearing gloves. I can see how it might be annoying for some but it didn't bother me at all, I actually really like the pocket layout a lot on these pants.

Clarktar

WKR
Yep, I dig them also, I just wish I got a Large instead of an XL, but I guess with the XL I can layer puffy pants underneath for extended glassing in cold weather...

paulbybee

FNG
I have size large in the Kanabs, would the Corrugates be the same size? I wear a 36" waist and 32" inseam.

I have size large in the Kanabs, would the Corrugates be the same size? I wear a 36" waist and 32" inseam.

Depends on if you have big hips and had to size up in the kanabs. I am a large in the Corrugates but the Kanabs don't even come close in the hips/thighs and I have to go XL (which ends up huge in the waist). I'm 36W-34I. I'd start with a L but you may fit in a medium.

twall13

WKR
I agree with COlinemane78, the corrugates fit me fine in large but the Kanabs in large are tighter in the hips and thighs. I'd try a large in these first but a medium might work as well.

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't read all of the replies so forgive me if this has been asked but how heavy are First Lites compared to the Kuiu Attack and the Sitka Ascent pants? I'm assuming they will be very similar but thought I'd ask.

A big shout or to the Prana Zions as dicussed earlier. I wear them at work daily and hiking in the summer but they are too light in my opinion for hunting. Very good pants, I highly recommend.

sr80

WKR
I didn't read all of the replies so forgive me if this has been asked but how heavy are First Lites compared to the Kuiu Attack and the Sitka Ascent pants? I'm assuming they will be very similar but thought I'd ask.

A big shout or to the Prana Zions as dicussed earlier. I wear them at work daily and hiking in the summer but they are too light in my opinion for hunting. Very good pants, I highly recommend.

I would say they are close to the same thickness of the attacks, but a lot more stretchy and durable. And a little thicker than the accent pants.