First Lite Gear

Turkeyslayer7

Lil-Rokslider
The llano short sleeve and the guide pants. My short sleeve shirt is literally on me every hunt deer and turkey season. I love it cause it keeps me from smelling like BO lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
The llano short sleeve and the guide pants. My short sleeve shirt is literally on me every hunt deer and turkey season. I love it cause it keeps me from smelling like BO lol.

If you like the Llano you gotta try the new Wick line

Merino wool base layers hands down.

I recently got a pair of obsidians and like the fit. No field use yet.

Klamath hoody on the list to get. Waiting on conifer to be back in stock on that.

As a flatlander, I abuse my woodbury jacket, so versatile. I wear the sanctuary bibs a lot but the forthcoming midweight bids will be a welcome addition (if they come). I wore the furnace set frequently as well, highly recommend that set. I also added a guide jacket to kit, great fit. If you don't have any first lite, I would start with kiln as a first piece.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I was just going to start the same thread. I have a gift certificate I need to spend...

I was looking at getting a Klamath hoody or Uncompaghre jacket. Glad to see they're listed among some of the favorite pieces.

I would get both as they serve different purposes and work great when layering together

They are also incredibly wind RESISTANT though not windproof.

I prefer the uncompahgre to the kelvin lite (Sitka’s most like for like puffy) as it’s warmer, quieter, better cut, and warmer.

And I prefer the klamath to the Sitka core heavyweight hoody, the closest alternative as it more wind resistant. People also swear by the kuiu peloton 240 as its incredibly wind resistant as well but I think the Klamath is more comfortable and has a better fit. It’s also more wind resistant both in the field and in front of a house fan.

Last edited:
I’ve got some First Lite stuff and by far my favorite is their cuffed beanie. Fits good, looks good and doesn’t stretch out beyond hope.

rkeaton

FNG
Kiln Hoody is very comfortable, as is the Sawtooth. Both great at regulating temps. Love the weight of the Wick stuff, but the vented pits are a mesh material that get stinky after one use.

ChrisAU

WKR
Kiln Hoody is very comfortable, as is the Sawtooth. Both great at regulating temps. Love the weight of the Wick stuff, but the vented pits are a mesh material that get stinky after one use.

I haven't noticed that, I wore my wick L/S probably 40 days with 2 washes during the Alabama whitetail season. Washes were only spurred on my significant physical activity in hot weather, one was a long drag and one was after piloting a row boat down a swift river for half a mile with logs and sweepers EVERYWHERE haha