First Lite Quality Going Down?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
My sister just bought a pair of the obsidians for a trip to Arizona. She ended up with 3 large rips in them while my $40 Eddie baur pants didn’t have a single tear. First lite customer service basically laughed at her when she called after the trip saying it was her fault.
Arizona is the last place to wear Merino blend pants.

I have the kanabs, obsidian and Corr Guides. Ya'll must not realize merino is a snag machine. I do use them in AZ for mule deer and am careful where I venture with the Kanabs/Obsidians. But the guides I go any where. I ripped my kanabs in Ut a few years back, and cut tennacious tape, it's still on there and holding up perfect. lol I'll be the first to admit some of their base layers were thin and crappy. But overall I like it and continue to use it.

EvanG17

FNG
Just bought some first lite base layers and have no quality control issues or anything like that. Really enjoy the clothes iv gotten

IkeWalton

FNG
I would suggest reaching out to them and asking. I would imagine their sales have probably skyrocketed in the past few years and have a lot of usual growing pains.

I’ve only had two issues with orders…and I’ve ordered quite a bit and each time the customer service folks have been great and on the ball with correcting it.

fwafwow

WKR
I don’t think anywhere is a good place to wear merino pants. Also don’t expect a pair of pants at that price to have an 8” rip after one day of use
Was it a manufacture defect - like a seam that wasn't sewn correctly, or cloth that was woven or worn in some way? If not, then IMHO a tear from wearing it is in the "$hit happens" category, whether it's on day 1 or after 2 years. Wool can't be woven to be impervious to cuts, tears or holes - unless you get something heavy enough that you are in the Filson coat weight, and that isn't immune to those events - just less likely. And hot as hell.

jbravo13

FNG
Most everything I have from FL is a base layer and or merino. Can’t say I’ve run into any issues even with my most recent purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk