Fitness quiz and tips, mostly for beginners

elkyinzer

WKR
Summer Prep for Hunting Season – Fitness Quiz | Harvesting Nature

As I get into the heart of my training for the fall seasons, I wrote a quick little fitness quiz and thought I would share and get some feedback from the rokslide community.

I didn't put a ton of thought or anything scientific into the "point" system, just ran through some theoretical scenarios and tuned it to where I thought it made sense on a basic level. Interested to hear what yinz think of it, and where you ended up.

For reference, I get about 18-25 for my whitetail hunts, depending where, and 30-40 for my elk hunts, again depending where and my setup.

It's mainly geared toward beginners, but I hope it has some values to others as well. The way I see it, there's quite a fitness craze going on throughout the hunting and primarily backpack hunting community. I see it as a good thing overall, but potentially creates a "barrier to entry" for new hunters, so it needs to be tempered by some common sense.

I think something like this is great too put in perspective how "hard" a hunt is going to be. I would just urge hunters to always be in the best shape possible regardless of score, you just never know what could happen on a hunt!