Fittest Bowhunter in the West

RyanC

WKR
How does this compare to the 46 rail mountain mile that was put on last year at bowcast? Sounds similar in distance, number of targets, time penalty, and bonus exercises.

dreamingbig,

The 46 rail mountain mile at bowcast last year was going on about the same time Train to Hunt was at the Bogus Challenge so I'm not exactly sure of the similarities betweeen what was done at bowcast last year and what Train to Hunt is trying to do now. I can say the two companies had discussions before each went their own ways to put on their respective fitness courses. It is a great idea that other archery shoots may and should implement in their respective 3-D competitions. I believe a fitness course at an archery shoot give bowhunters, especially backcountry bowhunters, a little extra to practice and train for. We need something else to get in shape for besides hunting season because let's face it, most of us wait too long to step up our fitness regiment before hitting the mountains. These competitions will hopefully give bowhunters something to train for earlier and put everyone in shape for our ultimate goal, chasing critters in their backyard!

Ryan

OBP

WKR
I competed in the Train to Hunt challenge in Spokane this weekend and it was an awesome time. If you're able to get to one I would highly recommend attending and competing. The Train to Hunt guys put on a great event.

OBP

WKR
I ended up finishing second in the men's open, I certainly wasn't expecting that though. My main goal was to feel like I left everything I had out there on Saturday and shoot well on Sunday, which I definitely felt like I was able to accomplish. The competition was awesome, I think everyone there definitely was giving it all they had but as soon as the competition part was over everyone hung out and talked hunting and gear. It was a very cool event, can't wait until next year.