FL Dirtbag Duffle

fwafwow

WKR
Has anyone used or seen one of these in person? Although I'm currently an FL addict (after recovering from Sitka, following a binge on Kuiu), my first thought was "that's nice, but they are just smaller and more expensive versions of the Kuiu Taku bags." (I have a Taku 9000 - and it's great.)

But then I actually read the FL website descriptions. Assuming my math is correct, I think that:
  • the 45L is comparable to the Taku 3000 in size and price,
  • the 90L is the same size as the 5500 Taku, but more expensive,
  • the 60L falls in between on size but is similar in price to the Taku 9000, and
  • there is no Taku 9000 equivalent as far as size (maybe in the future.)
But for me, a few of the FL bag components aren't in the Taku bags - the internal and external pockets, the lid (instead of just a zipper), the ballistic nylon bottom, and the molle.

Someone please tell me these suck, or there is something much better, so I can go remove the 60L from my ever expanding FL wishlist.

WKR
^those look really nice^

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone used or seen one of these in person? Although I'm currently an FL addict (after recovering from Sitka, following a binge on Kuiu), my first thought was "that's nice, but they are just smaller and more expensive versions of the Kuiu Taku bags." (I have a Taku 9000 - and it's great.)

But then I actually read the FL website descriptions. Assuming my math is correct, I think that:
  • the 45L is comparable to the Taku 3000 in size and price,
  • the 90L is the same size as the 5500 Taku, but more expensive,
  • the 60L falls in between on size but is similar in price to the Taku 9000, and
  • there is no Taku 9000 equivalent as far as size (maybe in the future.)
But for me, a few of the FL bag components aren't in the Taku bags - the internal and external pockets, the lid (instead of just a zipper), the ballistic nylon bottom, and the molle.

Someone please tell me these suck, or there is something much better, so I can go remove the 60L from my ever expanding FL wishlist.
I too have been looking for the perfect duffle bags
  • Looked at FL, really like the design features, on the $$$ for me.
  • Looked at Kuiu, on the basic side but like the $
  • Was looking at REI's Big haul series, but they stopped making with the model I was looking at -https://www.rei.com/product/118813/rei-co-op-big-haul-90-duffel?sku=1188130001
Keep the suggestions coming on possible candidates, what do you like and what works for you? Thanks Matt

been weighing the options on both, I like the kuiu one cause it’s lighter and all I’d need it for it’s shoving as much gear in it as I can for transport. The big size is nice. Dirtbag has better options though

GPATTI

WKR
How water resistant is that mule? I prefer waterproof but i def need a new duffle
There are multiple areas designed into the bags to maintain the contents stay dry:
1) The material is fully waterproof.
2) The zipper is splash resistant.
3) There is a flap that covers the zipper area so water sheds away from the zipper.

Unless you plan on submerging it, you should have no issue with water getting in.

Hope that helps!

Reviving this thread, as well as another FL duffle thread...anybody get a chance to put one to use?

jpalmer83

FNG
I’ll bump this up and ask the same question. Looking at the FL duffels for a trip in September. Not sure if anyone has really put them through a lot of use yet but wondering how they hold up.

Anozira

WKR
I have the large Dirtbag duffle bag. It’s very well built and roomy. The zippers feel nice and it keeps my FL stuff clean. It’s spendy but so is all the gear inside. My only beef is the backpack handle which doubles as the main handle gets in the way of the zipper/ main opening when your trying to get stuff out or put things away. (See picture) I wish they weren’t so expensive or I would buy another.

image.jpg

I have the large Dirtbag duffle bag. It’s very well built and roomy. The zippers feel nice and it keeps my FL stuff clean. It’s spendy but so is all the gear inside. My only beef is the backpack handle which doubles as the main handle gets in the way of the zipper/ main opening when your trying to get stuff out or put things away. (See picture) I wish they weren’t so expensive or I would buy another.

View attachment 349276

Im looking at the 70L one. I think i might pull the tigger