FL Uncompahgre 2.0

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Jordan Budd did you receive the 2.0 yet? If so, we all would like to have a quick rundown. Definitely like to know if it feels warmer.

I did. Been planning on a video comparing the fit of the two but we've been super busy. Will get it up soon. The fit is certainly better and it's quieter than the original. The warmth I can't comment on with confidence yet... but the fit through the arm pits has made it feel warmer so far.

FredBear86

Lil-Rokslider
Can anybody confirm the statement that the new one is made entirely of the quieter fabric of the old one?

The old one was not warm under 40 degrees. Way better options out there as far as puffys go.

Depends on who is wearing it and what they wear under it. I used mine this winter in 26 degrees, but I wore two layers underneath. Also depends on if you are using it to sit (which for me is not its intended use) or when moving. Sitting in cold weather means a puffy for me, the best one I can find. Puffy pants too.

Sizing is aligned with the 2.0. I have the 1.0 vest in L and the 2.0 Jacket in XL and they fit very similar. I do like the updated 2.0 stretch a lot more. Have not had the chance to test it in cold weather but assuming it will be as warm if not warmer than the 1.0 that has never let me down.

Aventus

Lil-Rokslider
The old one was not warm under 40 degrees. Way better options out there as far as puffys go.

100% disagree. It kept me warm in 15 degree weather standing still for 3 hours. Didn't have any crazy layers underneath either - A base layer + plus light mid layer + the uncompahgre. Kept me warm.

bmod93

FNG
I live in Wisconsin and have the 1.0. Last year I wore the wick, kiln, and puffy and was plenty warm in 15 degree weather. It's an awesome packable jacket for out west, in the stand, and in the Boundary Waters if you spend time up there.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Warmth is the hardest thing to measure on any garment. I've worn the 1.0 down to sub zero and been fine. But I've also had people borrow it and been cold at 40. Everyone is so different on what warm feels like and how they tolerate cold.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I live in Wisconsin and have the 1.0. Last year I wore the wick, kiln, and puffy and was plenty warm in 15 degree weather. It's an awesome packable jacket for out west, in the stand, and in the Boundary Waters if you spend time up there.
How does it do with weather(snow, wind, rain). I am looking into one for mid to late season in Montana/Idaho.

I bought the 2.0 for the exact time in MT and ID and hoping it will do well. The 1.0 vest has not failed me in the past with good base layers and a Sitka Jetstream. However, it's supposed to cool off and snow this weekend so I will report back after actually testing the 2.0 puffy (bought this to replace the Jetstream). Good luck!

Wrench

WKR
I run a sawtooth, 1.0 and a shell or jetstream and I'm ok to 30-35* of minimal activities.

I'd freeze to death if sedentary at 20*

I own a 1.0 uncomphagre, a catalyst and a solitude.

The uncom is a nice puffy. I wear it under the catalyst and solitude for white tail but rarely as an outer layer. It isn’t especially noisy for a nylon garment but it isn’t quiet like some other outer layers.

The catalyst is a nice, lightly and I mean lightly insulated soft shell. I wear mine for whitetail. It is quiet enough but not ninja quiet.

The solitude is a neat jacket. Fairly warm. Quiet. It is fine to about 40 or night 30s with a light layer. I took mine to 20 this year with some layers underneath and a bib. It is heavy though and wouldn’t be my first choice for a backpack trip. Not sure what mine weighs but I bet it is 5#.
How is the fit when you layer the 1.0 under the catalyst or solitude? I want to layer a 2.0 under my catalyst but I’m worried it won’t fit under it.

I’ve been told by others who have both the catalyst and 2.0 that they layer them successfully with both pieces the same size. But I spoke to FL and they told me to size up on the catalyst.

How is the fit when you layer the 1.0 under the catalyst or solitude? I want to layer a 2.0 under my catalyst but I’m worried it won’t fit under it.

I’ve been told by others who have both the catalyst and 2.0 that they layer them successfully with both pieces the same size. But I spoke to FL and they told me to size up on the catalyst.
The catalyst is a slimmer fit. If you are going to layer under it a lot I would consider a size up.

I have a theory that if you use a puffy as a mid layer under a garment that compresses it too much, you lose a lot of loft and insulation value. So, I tend to think that you should size up the shell if you are going to make a habit of layering a puffy underneath.

jhim

FNG
I run a Kiln - Sawtooth - Uncom 1.0 (all size L) and I have only gotten cold when it was closing in on 0 degrees. I run warm and only had my base layer on this past weekend and it dropped below 42. However the only time I wasn't moving I was lining up my shot or processing my buck.

H80Hunter

WKR
My go to winter activity outfit is usually light merino base, fleece, FL Cirrus, FL Catalyst jacket. All 4 pieces are XL and I have no problem. Unless the uncompaghre is far thicker than the cirrus I don't think you need to size up.

The catalyst is a slimmer fit. If you are going to layer under it a lot I would consider a size up.

I have a theory that if you use a puffy as a mid layer under a garment that compresses it too much, you lose a lot of loft and insulation value. So, I tend to think that you should size up the shell if you are going to make a habit of layering a puffy underneath.
I think you are right with layering with puffy jackets. If you lose loft you lose most of your warmth. Thanks for the advice