Fletching jig

Jotis

WKR
What’s everyone using for a jig. I have been using a bitz, thinking of trying a Arizona easy fletch

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Arizona EZ-Fletch left helical. They aren’t kidding with the EZ name, it really is easy. You have to be careful when you’re closing it to keep everything aligned and I recommend hitting the arms with a Q-tip dipped in acetone to clean the glue off in between arrows. After I’m done I soak it in acetone for a bit then wipe it down.

MattB

WKR
I have 2 AZ EZ fletch minis and can fletch a dozen arrows in 15-20 minutes. Some guys love to painstaking craft arrows. I on the other hand place a value in my time and want to crank them out as quickly as possible while maintaining quality.

If you are doing 3 fletch, there’s absolutely no reason to not use the EZ. It does a great job.

This year I’m running all four fletch, and while you can do it on an AEZ, it’s a royal pain. I’m using the Vane Master Pro and also have a Bitz.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I just use the bitz. I don't build too many, maybe 3 dozen+- a year, and some refletching/repairs.

Last weekend I did 23 wrapped and 3 fletch blazers and I'm not going to say it wasn't time consuming and excruciating haha. Glad it's done.

What’s everyone using for a jig. I have been using a bitz, thinking of trying a Arizona easy fletch
I much prefer the bitz, I have 3 ez fletch jigs and haven’t used any of them in the past few years

Many love them, I like the bitz, but also like messing with different configurations and fletchings too, maybe that’s why.

jchamwv

FNG
Another vote for the Bitz. I do a lot of tinkering with different configurations i.e. 3 vane or 4, varying degrees of twist etc. It's just bomb proof.

I think the bitz is the most universal, economic jig.

For speed I got a bohning tower jig. With all the arm configurations I can do L/R 1deg offset, L/R 3deg helical, nock adapters for .165, .234, .246, pin nocks, and cross bow nocks. What I like about it is as long as I know what I used when I fletched the shafts originally, it's easy to replace a vane exactly where it was before. On my bitz, I need to rotate nocks, and I'm fletching a bunch of different shaft sizes with different offsets, so I'm always adjusting the jig. So when a fletching gets damaged it's difficult to get it exactly like it was before.

Tower jig works a lot like the ez-fletch, just offers more options. Only problem with either of them is using vanes with narrow bases, like Fletch Flex. The narrow base and thin vane doesn't fit into the plastic slits as well as they do in a clamp.

Bitz with the zenith. I fletch a lot of arrows for myself and others. I have 4 with the zenith, 1 with the aae bitz knob. I only use the aae to refletch a single arrow or fix 1 vane since doesnt require pulling the nock and it rotates to line it up perfectly - the others dont rotate on itself like the aae does. With the zenith, you have to pull the nocks, but most of my arrows Ive glued or epoxied the insert with the nock off anyway.

I used the standard knob for year, and the spacing was always enough off to drive the ocd in me crazy. Im sure some people can nail it with the regular. The zenith is dead on every time.

I have an EZ fletch that I use for my son's arrows (higher quantity). I personally enjoy the fletching process, so that Bitz is what I've been using. I did just get an AAE Bitz knob, which so far I like a lot - much more secure holding of the nock, no slippage, and the ability to fine adjust the nock positioning is excellent.

I traded some arrows for a bitz close to 30 years ago when I was a teenager. I still have it. And still use it with no issues. Fletched hundreds of arrows since then.

And there is no telling how long that older fella had it. I still owe him for helping me out.

Last edited:

Forfarj

FNG
I watched the guys in my local shop use a Bitz but after watching a few vids on the EZ Fletch, I went that route. So, so, simple.

That OMP looks pretty good and realistically not much more than a Bitzenberger. But me personally I have an AeroVane jig.
Figured I'd give it a try and see. The Bitzenberger has been around forever and is in about every pro shop out there. I think this OMP is going to be a strong runner for the Bitzenberger.

few907

FNG
I have both, but prefer using the bitz. The EZ Fletch sure can put some helical on the vanes though. With that being said i have never felt like I needed all that helical - which is why I prefer the bitz.