Florida guys (Daytona)

Jd259

WKR
hey guys looking for recommendations on where to stay in Daytona a group of buddies are goin to the supercross at the speedway March 4 and will be in town from the 3-6 looking to be in town with bars and restaurants within walking distance I sure it’s going to be super crowded because it’s bike week but think it should be a pretty awesome experience to check out so anyone know any motels that would fit the bill for what we’re looking for?

Check AirBnB. That way you can all stay together in one place and split the cost. We have moved to these for longer than just a night stay and if there are multiple people who can split the bill.

They have a map option. Find the area on Google earth you want to be and then find a rental in that area. Better get on it quick though, if it is Bike Week

Rich M

WKR
You better get hopping with your reservations.

Bike week is real busy from bikers and lookie-loos watching the bikers. Some real interesting stuff goes on.

You’ll have fun, just pace yourself for the traffic and congestion, there will be a lot of it.

Loper

WKR
I don’t have an suggestions on specific places, but the area near the speedway doesn’t have a lot of nightlife. There will be some restaurants you can walk to, but not many bars that I know of. If you are looking for bars, you’ll likely want to be on or near the beach which is only a 10-15 minute drive to the speedway. However with traffic during bike week it may take longer.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
You better get hopping with your reservations.

Bike week is real busy from bikers and lookie-loos watching the bikers. Some real interesting stuff goes on.

You’ll have fun, just pace yourself for the traffic and congestion, there will be a lot of it.
Yeah I just went ahead and booked the Hilton down on the beach looks like it should work like you said I didn’t want to get screwed by waiting to long… any suggestions on places to check out down by the beach?

Rich M

WKR
Yeah I just went ahead and booked the Hilton down on the beach looks like it should work like you said I didn’t want to get screwed by waiting to long… any suggestions on places to check out down by the beach?
The racetrack is impressive - do the tour.

The lighthouse is nice.

If you want to see manatees, blue springs isnt far, freshwater springs that load up w manatees in winter. Get there early.

You can google the famous biker bars and visit the ones that interest you. They will be slap full of folks with various entertainment from coleslaw wrestling to some decent bands. There will be a lot of neat looking bikes with neat looking bikers.

Can also ask the hotel if they have a list of the local happenings.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
The racetrack is impressive - do the tour.

The lighthouse is nice.

If you want to see manatees, blue springs isnt far, freshwater springs that load up w manatees in winter. Get there early.

You can google the famous biker bars and visit the ones that interest you. They will be slap full of folks with various entertainment from coleslaw wrestling to some decent bands. There will be a lot of neat looking bikes with neat looking bikers.

Can also ask the hotel if they have a list of the local happenings.
Awesome thanks man looking forward to it!

Rich M

WKR
Was duck scouting today and seen a large gator. If birds and gators are your thing, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. This might solve the manatee thing at haulover canal. This is in Tirusville, about 40 minutes south on i95.

Another fun thing is NASA and the space facility. This is a couple hours or more. It is just south of Titusville.

You will also want to google cape canaveral launches. They dont always go but if they do, you’ll be hard pressed to find something more interesting for about 5 minutes from the beach. We watch em from Orlando when no clouds.