FNG from Colorado Springs, CO

Dooms

FNG
FNG in Colorado Springs. Looking forward to rifle and bow hunting for anything that goes well with mashed potatoes and gravy. Looking to punch elk and pronghorn tags this winter. I'm new to bow hunting, so look forward to questions that show I don't know what I don't know.

As an aside, if anyone knows good, or even decent areas to get after coyotes in Colorado, I'm very interested.

- Dooms

As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

FNG in Colorado Springs. Looking forward to rifle and bow hunting for anything that goes well with mashed potatoes and gravy. Looking to punch elk and pronghorn tags this winter. I'm new to bow hunting, so look forward to questions that show I don't know what I don't know.

As an aside, if anyone knows good, or even decent areas to get after coyotes in Colorado, I'm very interested.

- Dooms
I am also a FNG in Colorado Springs. I like to hunt for all of the things, and have a goal to kill my first coyote while scouting country for this upcoming fall. My other pastimes are fishing, shooting my bow (I recently got a membership at the Academy 3D range which is off the chain), and having a cool refreshing beverage after a long days work. Let me know if you'd like to meet up some time as I have a total of zero hunting buddies here at this time.

Welcome both of you (one new and one 6 months older).

I live here as well (actually on academy). Haven’t been out to the range this year but always looking for folks to shoot with.

Rokslide is super helpful….but also super expensive. Enjoy!

Welcome both of you (one new and one 6 months older).

I live here as well (actually on academy). Haven’t been out to the range this year but always looking for folks to shoot with.

Rokslide is super helpful….but also super expensive. Enjoy!
Looks like we are going to have great weather for a few days. I’d be down to shoot a round after work one day this week.

Looks like we are going to have great weather for a few days. I’d be down to shoot a round after work one day this week.
Love to brother but I’m solo parent ops till Friday. May be able to then….if I can even draw my bow still ;)

- Dooms
Welcome to the forum!
- Peyton, CO.

I am also a FNG in Colorado Springs. I like to hunt for all of the things, and have a goal to kill my first coyote while scouting country for this upcoming fall. My other pastimes are fishing, shooting my bow (I recently got a membership at the Academy 3D range which is off the chain), and having a cool refreshing beverage after a long days work. Let me know if you'd like to meet up some time as I have a total of zero hunting buddies here at this time.
I'm open to chasing some 3D targets. Is it the Air Force Academy range or another one?

- Dooms

If folks would like, I’ll coordinate a “local” Rokslide USAFA archery shoot.

Thinking Friday 7 Apr 5pm (open to alternative times/dates). ??

If your not a member I think guests are $10.

Let me know if you are interested or suggest another time. Maybe we can put something together.

Phil

I'm no joy on the 7th, but the 14th is wide open. I'm also open to Saturdays as well.

I'm no joy on the 7th, but the 14th is wide open. I'm also open to Saturdays as well.
Sounds good. I booked up Friday now (didn’t hear much until now) for mounting a winch on my atv (it’s a welding project). Saturday we are chasing turkeys.

I’ll aim for the 14th if anyone else is game too?

Let’s throw April 14th @ 5pm on the calendar and see who can make it. USAFA archery range. See link below. If not a member need to pay online $15 prior.

We can knock out a 3D range if folks choose or just BS at the sight in range. Maybe have some folks over for a beer after (TBD). I live a mile away.

Keep an eye out for a msg Wednesday of next week for potential audible if WX doesn’t support.

Sooo. Friday IVO 5pm is currently showing 30deg and potential snow for the planned meet up and USAFA shoot.

I’ll peek again tomorrow but recommending we waive off and attempt it the following week. Open to thoughts of course.

I am also in the springs, don't own a bow yet, but am always down to fly fish, or shoot, etc. Fairly new to western big game hunting, but have hunted a lot of white tail, and turkeys in Missouri.

Back