FNG Southern Idaho Resident

I’ve been accessing the forum for some time. I’ve gathered information here and there when researching specific gear or applying for certain hunts. Thought it was only appropriate to introduce myself and utilize the forums full potential.

I’m 36 years old, a resident of Southern Idaho (Boise Area) and work as a Safety Manager for a construction company. Been a lifelong hunter/fisherman and the last 15 years have been obsessed with shed hunting.

I apply to most the western states but am definitely a mule deer fanatic (like most I dream of a OIL tag as well).

I’ve got a busy fall planned this year with a 10 day fly in caribou hunt planned for Alaska in August, September archery antelope in Idaho, drew a Nevada Mule deer tag in October and then rifle deer and elk otc in Idaho, and then deer in Montana in November.

I’m looking forward to being more active on the forum and soaking up all the great information available and also hopefully providing some input when I’m knowledgeable on a topic. I’m been blessed to have a really lucky hunting partner who has drawn a Montana goat tag and an Idaho moose tag that I helped on.

I hope everyone has a safe and productive summer scouting and fill the freezers come fall.

Clint

OP
Duckhunter14
Welcome! Your Alaskan Caribou hunt is on my bucket list!
My hunting partner and I have been dreaming of Alaska since we were kids. We finally decided to pull the trigger and book a hunt for 2024 and the transporter had just had a cancellation for 2 spots for this fall when we called. We talked to the wives and called right back and secured the spots. We can’t wait. 10 day fly in hunt in the north brooks range.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member, Clint.

Eddie

T-town

FNG
Welcome. You western guys sure do get to sample a lot of big game variety. Post up your stories after this fall’s hunts.