FNG to the site from Idaho

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy from Idaho.
50 year old guy that has hunted my whole life, mainly upland game birds, turkey, whitetail, and elk, with some black bear and coyotes thrown in here and there.

I have mostly hunted whitetail with a CF rifle or black powder rifle, 98% of my elk hunting has been archery. I have done some whitetail archery hunting in the past and quite a bit more the last few years, but mostly rifle experience with them. Growing up dad mainly took me whitetail and upland game bird hunting. Some friends invited me to archery hunt elk with them when I was 20 or 21 and I was instantly hooked, have not missed a single year elk hunting since then. Not the greatest elk hunter but have had some success here and there over the years.

I absolutely love archery. In my youth until around 18 years old I shot traditional (fingers/instinctively), then went to a compound and have stayed with that since. I go to quite a few 3d shoots, mostly for fun, and do some winter league indoor 3 spot here and there. I wouldn't call myself a bow Tech or anything, but I have quite a bit of knowledge of them bouncing around in my skull.

I didn't shoot a black powder rifle until I was nearly 35 or so but became very hooked on them as well. I very much prefer shooting a caplock with patched roundball or a conical. Absolutely nothing against an inline or more "modern" components, caplocks just "do it" for me for some reason.

I have a fair amount of centerfire rifle and pistol experience, but only in the capacity of my own interests in shooting and hunting.

I love everything hunting, fishing, archery, firearms, and black powder and look forward to discussing and reading about them here.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie