FNG with a broke arm and shoulder.

Spencer

FNG
Broke my right humerus and something in my shoulder. Possible rib fracture. Any chance of recovery and salvage bow season.

OP
Spencer

Spencer

FNG
Just got back from the Dr. More imaging of my ribs. Right humerus fracture just south of the socket, another fracture of the bone where all the ligament tendon and deltoid attach. More imaging in a week or two to decide if I need pins. Then after 4 weeks determine damage to rotator cuff. On an up note he said I should get some of archery season in.

Bone stuff is generally no big deal, it’s the ligament/tendon stuff that is the extremely long term rehab.

I have a plate, screws, and wires in my left ankle. Hurts sometimes but hasn’t really affected my hunting abilities, even packing in/out.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
Spencer

Spencer

FNG
Update after viewing x-rays. I have 2 primary fractures in "ball" section of my right arm, with many "sub" fractures and lots of fragments. He called this a compression or impact fracture not a torsion/torque fracture also not a compound fracture. 6 months or less to recover but definitely a surgery at some point probably more than one. Thanks

OP
Spencer

Spencer

FNG
Went on Friday to Ortho, no surgery!!! Can start range of motion exercises. Still no weight, and can't swing my arm. No more support brace. Not bad for 2 week's since accident. Can't wait to get back to archery. Thank God I kept my daughter's Hoyt youth bow I'll be starting over.