Following the seasons as a nomadic hunter/fishermen?

wesfromky

WKR
A slightly different take on the "where to live" question. I used to be a climber, and along with many other climbers, would follow the seasons around the country for the best conditions.. Now with WFH being a reality for me and not having to worry about spouse/kids/house, I am looking at becoming a semi-nomadic hunter/fishermen, either out of an RV, or more likely, short term rentals.

So, rather then having to pick one spot to live year round, what areas would you live in for 2-4 months out of the year? I would be limited to mostly after work or day trips, so no overnight back country stuff. And, would be solo mostly, so elk/moose are out, as I am not up for packing one out by myself. Not a fan of the cold, so trying to stay warm and sunny as much as possible.

For example, I would probably spend Oct-Nov in Kentucky/Ohio hunting whitetail. Maybe winter hunting pigs and fishing in the southeast? Spring bear in the west? Summer in AK fishing? Gulf coast over the winter? NR tag availability and cost are a consideration, but I am also not looking for those once a year, or once in a lifetime hunts, so much as just getting out and regularly obtaining wild food.