Football fans???

LostArra

WKR
If I remember correctly, the reason they do the OT the way they do is because it costs a shitload to go over their TV air time.
Hogwash. The NFL is printing money non-stop.

Sure I can see not wanting to extend a Jaguars-Jets game but the playoffs???

Last edited:

lukehaz7

FNG
NFL - No Fun League

Need to change the OT Rules to just play out a 10 or 15 minute quarter like normal football. Why would you change the rules of the game in a playoff game, just play out the game!

sndmn11

WKR
I'd be down for a 4-6min OT. Make an offense drain the clock and CONTROL the game, or the defense stop them.

Alternatively, play a shoot out style field goal kick. 55yd, 65yd, 75 yd, all return eligible.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If I remember correctly, the reason they do the OT the way they do is because it costs a shitload to go over their TV air time.
Just because the network loses money shouldn't mean they get to decide when the game ends. Shut the game off, and let them keep playing if they can't handle it.

CorbLand

WKR
Hogwash. The NFL is printing money non-stop.

Sure I can see not wanting to extend a Jaguars-Jets game but the playoffs???
I could be wrong but I remember hearing that was the reason they try to make OT short.

I also remember the players recovery time, injury probability and some other stuff being taken into account as well.

Not saying I agree with any of it or that I am for sure correct, just what I remember hearing.

Last edited:
I think both teams getting 1:30 from the 25 and 1 time out would be cool and if they turn it over or score the other team gets the same chance. Assuming the air times the issue. It would be super stressful to watch them go 2 or t3 rounds of that though

Jimbob

WKR
I know the TV deals are different but the NHL has no problem going HOURS overtime to decide a winner in the playoffs. Baseball as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want LA to lose. I hate the whole buy a team concept. I think football lends itself to homegrown organic talent more so than a plug and play ala carte team. But what is more LA than buying a bunch of shiny things and displaying them together? No soul.

That said- I hate the Niners as well. I like Kittle. I like Deebo. I like Jimmy G. I like Fred Warner. But they are SF- and I literally cannot stand Shannahan.

NFC is like a presidential election...

KC looks to be the heir apparent to the throne. I just can't see them losing at home with a superbowl on the line.

Bengals are a great story. Lots to root for there. I just think KC is too strong.

I see a KC SF rematch.

OP
AK Troutbum
As long as the Niner’s get into the Super Bowl I’m good! I grew up in the North Bay Area and I’ve been a 49ers fan for almost 50 years, that will never change. Niner’s and Bengals would be my choice, and I can definitely see the Niner’s over the Rams, but Cinci over KC, I’m not too confident about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk