Football fans???

I think that was the lion's shot. Weakest nfc in a long time, just had to beat the rebuilding rams, baker and the bucs, and had a 3 score lead. Now losing their wunderkind OC and suffering the kind of collapse that can really set a franchise back, might revert to the same ol lions next year.
Couldn’t agree more. They might not win the north next year with the way Green Bay been playing.
You gotta make the most of your opportunities. Ask the bills

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Losing by 3 and passing on two field goal tries- yeah he’ll have to think about that a wee bit.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Losing by 3 and passing on two field goal tries- yeah he’ll have to think about that a wee bit.
I know he has been asked about that, but he takes me as a guy who never second guesses himself. If you have not seen his post game interview, do so. Simply, he said he doesn't know if they will ever back to that position again, it's hard to do. I really like the guy, he has a set on him. And I'll bet the players like him for that reason.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get being aggressive; but at the same time there are times when it makes more sense to kick.

I hope they get another chance.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
The Ravens got away from their running game against a team that is not great at stopping the run. On top of that Jackson was off the mark on a lot of his passes. I do think the better team came up short. That's okay, I can't stand Harbaugh, or his brother..

KBaird

FNG
Chiefs open as a 2.5 pt dog. Down to +1 in short order though. Mahomes is 9-3 and 10-1-1ats as a dog. Love it. If Spags’ D can hold Tua, Allen and Lamar to 13.4 points per game but loses to Brock Purdy I say Brock goes immediately into the Hall of Fame!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I like what DC has done with the Lions in short order, but hopefully he's learned a few things in this defeat.

Deep in the the postseason is not a time to blindly practice "true-to-what-got-you-there" or "not-changing-who-were-are" approach to winning games. In a normal (is there such a thing in a 17 game season?) game, sure, but not when a trip to the SB is on the line. Adapt, adjust and take the points when the opportunity presents itself.

Everybody with the Lions should be doing a lot (or is it allot? ;)) of reflecting over the coming months. Lots of talent and a young team and they will be back.

Eddie

P.S. Just maybe Mahomes is the second coming of TB12? I mean, if the Chiefs with this one, he'll have 3 rings with another 10-12 years to play and might just get to 7. Buy hey, when you are drafted #10 overall, you better win 1 or 2 rings but when drafted #199, you are in and out of the League in 2 years.

Last edited:

KBaird

FNG
As a Chiefs fan I’d love to see him catch Tom. Think Tom put it out of reach with the last two though, even if Mahomes does get this one. What stings the most is the Chiefs could’ve taken those two from Tom. Dee Ford lines up offsides on a game sealing INT in the ‘19 game and then the complete sh*tshow of an offensive line in the Bucs Super Bowl.

keilux

FNG
KC has learned from their mistakes, they are playing the same disciplined football New England played for all those years. Most of their recent wins have come down to the other team making the mistakes and them doing enough to win.

As much as I like to watch greatness, it would be nice to see some variety in the Super Bowl rather than the same faces almost every year.

OP
AK Troutbum
I got a kick out this picture of Eminem at the game yesterday.
e8c3caee86ae446bcc1a240d1209bd2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I read an article this morning, lions have potential 28 players going on free agent market.

hoff1ck

WKR
Lions were 80% on 4th and 3 or shorter going into yesterday. Reynolds is as sure handed as they come and happened to drop two passes he probably catches 8-9/10 times. Kicker is solid, but let’s not forget he didn’t even make the squad until week 16, wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire this year.

Gibbs goes the wrong way resulting in a bad exchange and ultimately the fumble, uncharacteristic. Vildor is not a starting level CB for the league and couldn’t catch a cold. Sutton is only marginally better, right now anyways. Unfortunately the weakness of the defense was going to give the 49ers a chance for a huge half through the air, and they capitalized.

The aggressiveness of Campbell also won them multiple games this year. Everyone loved him for that. He 100% made the right call on both plays, it just wasn’t executed.

Let’s also not act like they don’t have one of the best GMs in the league right now either and a ton of young talent. Detroit isn’t going anywhere.

Lions were 80% on 4th and 3 or shorter going into yesterday. Reynolds is as sure handed as they come and happened to drop two passes he probably catches 8-9/10 times. Kicker is solid, but let’s not forget he didn’t even make the squad until week 16, wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire this year.

Gibbs goes the wrong way resulting in a bad exchange and ultimately the fumble, uncharacteristic. Vildor is not a starting level CB for the league and couldn’t catch a cold. Sutton is only marginally better, right now anyways. Unfortunately the weakness of the defense was going to give the 49ers a chance for a huge half through the air, and they capitalized.

The aggressiveness of Campbell also won them multiple games this year. Everyone loved him for that. He 100% made the right call on both plays, it just wasn’t executed.

Let’s also not act like they don’t have one of the best GMs in the league right now either and a ton of young talent. Detroit isn’t going anywhere.

Ironically, the one 4th down they should have gone for it on was at the end of the 1st half. They had momentum, should have throat punched the 9ers and scored the TD and gone in to half up 28-7. Would have set a better tone IMO. Oh well. Good season for Detroit in any event.