forloh softshell

does anyone here actually own the allclima soft shell? how does it stack up versus the jetstream or kuiu softshells?

PLucas

FNG
I do own the softshell. All I can compare to though is Firstlite Catalyst softshell. The Forloh is leaps and bounds nicer and better built than Firstlite. Forloh's is pretty waterproof also from what I have been able to test.

Vandy321

WKR
screw it. i bought the all clima pants and jacket.

i have sitka and kuiu of competing peices. keep yall posted.
Was going to buy the jetstream...but wanted to see how the allclima was in comparison, any updates? Durability and wind cutting?

Vandy321

WKR
Bumping this up once more instead of posting a new one. Inputs on sizing and performance characteristics compared to Sitka Jetstream (im a large) and Kuiu Guide DCS?

I dont hunt big game in a softshell but do need a good jacket for around town in fall/winter, training the dog, maybe some windy days on the river.

I've got really nice puffy and a arcteryx beta SV shell, just nothing like an all around jacket for everyday use.

Have access to discounts on all 3, that keep them within aboht $60 of each other.

OP
S
Bumping this up once more instead of posting a new one. Inputs on sizing and performance characteristics compared to Sitka Jetstream (im a large) and Kuiu Guide DCS?

I dont hunt big game in a softshell but do need a good jacket for around town in fall/winter, training the dog, maybe some windy days on the river.

I've got really nice puffy and a arcteryx beta SV shell, just nothing like an all around jacket for everyday use.

Have access to discounts on all 3, that keep them within aboht $60 of each other.
so i have all 3 currently.

out of all 3 i would keep the Jetstream. out of all 3 i still wore my first lite catalyst jacket more. it doesn't do great in the wind but it beats the others as a true soft shell in my opinion. Its soft and very flexible. its cut properly to cover your butt. etc.

for the forloh jacket it is more of a hard shell/ soft shell hybrid. kind of noisy and pretty heavy. i wasn't a fan of the inside material as i like to feel the fleece against my skin.

all 3 of the jackets have a easy and great return policy. i would buy all 3 and send back the two you don't like. for an around town soft shell I would just buy the arctyerx gamma mx tbh, or a nice north face.

Vandy321

WKR
so i have all 3 currently.

out of all 3 i would keep the Jetstream. out of all 3 i still wore my first lite catalyst jacket more. it doesn't do great in the wind but it beats the others as a true soft shell in my opinion. Its soft and very flexible. its cut properly to cover your butt. etc.

for the forloh jacket it is more of a hard shell/ soft shell hybrid. kind of noisy and pretty heavy. i wasn't a fan of the inside material as i like to feel the fleece against my skin.

all 3 of the jackets have a easy and great return policy. i would buy all 3 and send back the two you don't like. for an around town soft shell I would just buy the arctyerx gamma mx tbh, or a nice north face.
To confirm, your forloh is the allclima 3L softshell or rain shell...I thought the softshell version had a fleece backer, your description makes me wonder if you have the rain shell?
either way, I've owned the Guide, tried on the jetstream but cannot find anyone with the forloh.
I'd go with the Kuiu based on price and fit, but it's wind blocking abilities leave something to be desired.

Will look at the gamma softshell, I am a big Arcteryx fan.

The catalyst looks nice too, but no out zips?

OP
S
To confirm, your forloh is the allclima 3L softshell or rain shell...I thought the softshell version had a fleece backer, your description makes me wonder if you have the rain shell?
either way, I've owned the Guide, tried on the jetstream but cannot find anyone with the forloh.
I'd go with the Kuiu based on price and fit, but it's wind blocking abilities leave something to be desired.

Will look at the gamma softshell, I am a big Arcteryx fan.
its for sure the soft shell. the material is hard to describe. it would be an a 1 on the scale of 1-10 on fleece backers if the Jetstream was a 7. does that make sense?

PLucas

FNG
I only have the first lite catalyst to compare the forloh soft shell. I will agree it is certainly more of a hybrid. I usually have a light baselayer long sleeve under the soft shells so I like the forloh much better. The catalyst is okay at warmth but is terrible if there is any wind. The wind goes straight through. The forloh stops the wind and is waterproof which is nice. It is also pretty bullet proof and didn't notice it being loud, especially since it is waterproof. It is heavy though and if you are just wearing a tee underneath, I could see wanting a fleece backer.