Fort Benton Montana--Potential move

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
I may have the opportunity to move to Fort Benton. Family of 4 with two young girls. We have been thinking about a move for quite a while with a desire to be somewhere more rural. I'm curious if anyone here lives in the area or is familiar with it and could give me some insight on the area. Schools, community, housing, outdoor opportunities (looks unreal) winter, quality of life, etc.

We would be moving from the Tacoma area in western Washington. Lived in the PNW my whole life.

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
I am just a half hour south of fort benton in great falls. Tiber reservoir is a short drive from Fort benton with great walleye and pike fishing. Decent state/public land hunting for deer and antelope very close to the area. I will say it is heavily hunted though.

Big Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Coming from the pnw the first couple things that bother people are the lack of trees and the wind. Winters have been cold and long the last couple of years. But I still wouldn’t trade it for anything. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone should spend a week there some day.
The best thing about Fort Benton is that you can see all the hot spots the same morning and still have time to visit all the bars in the afternoon.
fort-benton.jpg

Mt Al

WKR
Worked with a company there, but it was about 30 years ago. Drive through here and there. Others will have way more insight, but you better be ready for RURAL, night and day from Tacoma. "Outdoor Opportunities": you'd be hard pressed to find anyplace better, anywhere. Right on the cusp of the whole CMR, mountains to the South and West and kind of East, fishing out the arse, predators, birds, big game, everything. Not too terrible far from Great Falls either.