forum item for sale

ohoopee

WKR
I purchased a LW stand base on Archerytalk for $200 that was described as in good shape and has been
hanging in "garage for a couple of seasons". I received the stand today and it was a model that was
about 7/8 years old. When I contacted seller he said "To bad" and that the description was fair because
basically didnt ask where it was prior to those couple of seasons.

Am I crazy or would a normal person presume it was a couple of years old? I will eat it mainly because
I would prefer not to argue with a fool. One fool arguing with another fool seems like a waste of time.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Did you ask what model it was or how old it was?

If not, you learned a hard, but not too expensive, lesson.

Eddie

P.S. If all of my mistakes only cost me $200, I'll consider myself a lucky man. :D

Is there something about them that's different? They should all work the same. The built in bow holder changes but that should be evident in any pictures. The bases are just aluminum, they aren't going to rust out.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
Is there something about them that's different? They should all work the same. The built in bow holder changes but that should be evident in any pictures. The bases are just aluminum, they aren't going to rust out.
That particular hand climber base changed about 5 years ago. Picture was covered with a new seat cover in plastic and some kind of placard with seller info.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
Did you ask what model it was or how old it was?

If not, you learned a hard, but not too expensive, lesson.

Eddie

P.S. If all of my mistakes only cost me $200, I'll consider myself a lucky man. :D
No, description was "hanging in garage" for a couple of seasons. Not hanging in garage for a decade.

That particular hand climber base changed about 5 years ago. Picture was covered with a new seat cover in plastic and some kind of placard with seller info.

But does it not work?

Like I said I have several, they all interchange with what I have. Only the molded in bow holders are different, but I don't use them anyways so it doesn't bother me.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
But does it not work?

Like I said I have several, they all interchange with what I have. Only the molded in bow holders are different, but I don't use them anyways so it doesn't bother me.
Probably does work. The size of the older model platform is substantially larger and heavier. This was the
hand climber base which was scaled down about 6 or 7 years ago I believe.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
I was just curious about the description. Couple of years hanging in garage doesn't seem the same
as 7/8 years old.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
How bad is it? My LW is about that old and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is fine. Just much larger base than I want to carry for a long hike. I have a couple of hand climbers with different bases. Prefer the smaller bases for public land hunting.

rob86jeep

WKR
"couple of years" and 7-8 is a little of a stretch, but you're buying a used item. Did the item not match the pictures/did you not ask for a description of the item? While it may have been shady, did you do any due diligence to verify what you were buying was worth the price?

Rodéo

WKR
I'd be upset if I bought it based on the description and got what you got. To me that seems like he's trying to sell something different than what he advertised. But, like you said, probably not worth the headache.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
I offered to pay his shipping and return the item. Got a 3 paragraph long song and dance. Told him to forget it. Ultimately it was my bad for looking at AT classifieds for the Item. I had contacted LW about a base several months ago and just never ordered it.
"couple of years" and 7-8 is a little of a stretch, but you're buying a used item. Did the item not match the pictures/did you not ask for a description of the item? While it may have been shady, did you do any due diligence to verify what you were buying was worth the price?

Why does “hanging in a garage a few years” equate to the item only being a few years old?
Seems easy enough that a guy would use something for a few years and then hang it in the garage and then decide to sell it due to a few years of non-use.

Sounds like you were wanting something fairly specific and didn’t confirm the item met your requirements prior to purchase.

gearguywb

WKR
Misleading description IMHO. "hanging in the garage a couple of years" makes an insinuation that it is a couple of years old, not 7 or 8. The semantics game is ridiculous. Seller should provide what information they can related to age, condition, etc.

kda082

WKR
They updated the site maybe a year ago and lost all feedback. Was supposed to come back but hasn’t. Stinks but I rarely check in there.

Gutshotem

WKR
It is fine. Just much larger base than I want to carry for a long hike. I have a couple of hand climbers with different bases. Prefer the smaller bases for public land hunting.
Someone in the thread asked him if it was an assault base and he responded that it was not, that it was a "full size". What other size did you think you were getting?

He also stated that the rubber bow grommet was included indicating the type of bow holder.

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
To me I would take “hanging in the garage for a couple years” as he meant he hasn’t used it in a couple years and decided just to sell it, not it’s a couple years old. I’d like to think I would then ask how old it was or ask for more detailed pictures, but it’s also easy to have a quick trigger when finding something you want...lol

As with any sale it is the sellers responsibility to accurately describe the item in detail(and should include good pictures IMO), but it’s also the buyers responsibility to make sure they’re 100% certain of the item they’re attempting to purchase. Sounds to me like there was some negligence on both sides in this case.