Full body or splits??

cocky84

WKR
Ive been hitting the gym for the last 3 weeks. I had been running before that but wound up with a stress fracture.

I workout mon wed and friday. Should i be doing full body workout or splits?

G Posik

WKR
You will get a bunch of different answers on this one. I was doing the normal splits for a while. I have recently switched to full body 3 days a week. I feel better when leaving the gym and the soreness is gone. i have had some good gains over the last couple of months in strength and endurance. This could just be from the change up and a little shock to the body. i like the routine I put together and like I said "It works for me". I would suggest you try a good routine of full body for a while and see how you do with it. If you do not like it then go back to the splits.

Glenn

Sky1926

FNG
With only 3 days a week, I'd do something like a push, pull, legs...

Push: chest shoulders tris
Pull: back, bis
Legs: self explanatory

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
You will get a bunch of different answers on this one. I was doing the normal splits for a while. I have recently switched to full body 3 days a week. I feel better when leaving the gym and the soreness is gone. i have had some good gains over the last couple of months in strength and endurance. This could just be from the change up and a little shock to the body. i like the routine I put together and like I said "It works for me". I would suggest you try a good routine of full body for a while and see how you do with it. If you do not like it then go back to the splits.

Glenn

Like Glenn said, everyone is different and it really depends on your end goals. Due to the fact you have had to quit running for now, I would suggest full body HIIT circuits. You are really getting the best of both worlds with HIIT, strength training and cardio all in one. Give it a few weeks and see what you think. There are some great workouts over on the WOD thread. All just my opinion, not right or wrong.