G5 havoc

Anyone on here used the g5 havoc? Might pick some up to test out.
I shot wac'ems last season and was very impressed with their flight for a fixed head but was disappointed In the size of hole it left in the deer I shot.
Used ulmer edges the season before and they flew great as well but never had the opportunity to put one though an animal. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't seem too sharp. I only switched to wac'ems because I was worried about mechanicals on mature elk which is what I was hunting when I shot my deer.
This year my focus is back to deer so I would like to go back to mechanicals and I will probably use ulmers unless I can find a tougher sharper head that flys as well.
I did shoot the g5 t3 a while back but was unimpressed with the spider clip retention system. Because I was paranoid about in flight opening I probably put too much tension on them causing them to not open at all once in a while. The havoc has a new blade retention system that should be superior to the spider clip...maybe....?
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with them?

I just saw these the other day. I watched the video on their website and I do have to say I am unimpressed with the penetration. They show 3 bears shot and not one pass through.

_Nick_

WKR
I just saw these the other day. I watched the video on their website and I do have to say I am unimpressed with the penetration. They show 3 bears shot and not one pass through.

Agreed. You'd think in their advertisement footage they could get some guy shooting an giant 80lb draw weight at 10 yards or something to get a passthrough... certainly not the best advertising to show nice lung/rib hits on a bear that don't pass through... I'm trying out Ulmers this year personally.

jmez

WKR
Penetration is going to be an issue with any big cut mechanical broadhead. It simply isn't their strong point.

I shoot 63lbs and got a pass through on 2 bears with Spitfires. Those bears in the video were hit well. They should have got more penetration.

_Nick_

WKR
I shoot 63lbs and got a pass through on 2 bears with Spitfires. Those bears in the video were hit well. They should have got more penetration.

Indeed. My point is that, if I'm a company advertising my product... I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that I get a passthrough for my advertisement video. The fact that they still didn't is suggestive that the real-world penetration could be even worse. There were probably a lot of kill shots that didn't make the cut for that video... that would be my hunch at least.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
They did not do well in some of the BH tests that I have read. I looked at them the other day and did not like the design. They are very sharp though.