G5 montec sharpening

hodgeman

WKR
I'll take "Preoccupation with Inconsequential Elements" for $500 Alex....

I'm thinking bow hunters are giving rifle guys a run for their money for overthinking it. Yes, your broad head should be sharp. How sharp is sharp enough? How tough it tough enough? How accurate is accurate enough?

Lots of bagging on Montecs... I bought a half dozen, seemed pretty dang sharp out of the box. They spun straight. They shot straight. The rest was on me, and when it came down to it, they worked just fine.

The world is lousy with good cut on contact broad heads... I'm not sure there's a nickel's worth of difference in any of them.

Bwana

WKR
Not saying you were making it up at all, but I hadn't heard of it.

I even shoot in USArchery, never heard of a world championship broadhead tournament.
Sorry friend, didn't mean to sound snarky... they have broadhead only tournaments across the US, and Montec always fills the leader board every year.

To the best of my knowledge they are accuracy and different distances, and scored like indoor or FITA system...but I've never researched the details.

I thought the flight tournaments were just that, launching arrows.

But I could be wrong.

Pretty certain it's a segment of USA archery, but nothing I have ever seen around here. Kinda a specialty thing like foot bows.

Bwana

WKR
I thought the flight tournaments were just that, launching arrows.

But I could be wrong.

Pretty certain it's a segment of USA archery, but nothing I have ever seen around here. Kinda a specialty thing like foot bows.
You could be right in regards to my link, it was the first one in Google. But they have yearly Tournaments for accuracy across the country, and were also listed in search.

Either way, we're leaving the context of the OP's questions and concerns....I'm not here to argue semantics.