Garmin alpha 200 carry options?

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
How are most of you guys carrying Your garmin around in the field? Chest rig? Belt clip/pouch? I haven't figured a way I like yet that keeps it protected and out of the way while still being accessible.

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
My vest has a pocket for the Garmin Alpha. You can see if it's something you can add to yours.
I used the factory clip and attached it to the outter lip of my ammo pouch, that way if I need to see it I just lift it slightly then drop it back down. I’d recommend putting a tether on it.

Jgormond3

FNG
I have an Alpha 200i that I carry at times using a lanyard. Most of the time my father is carrying it this way as well. Most hunts I like the simple Alpha 10 that I use an Aziak mount on my bio harness. I am really growing on the Alpha 10. It has just what I need when I need it and none of the frills. Bonus points for being able to use the Garmin Explore map even offline if needed. If you have a 200/300 get a rubber case and a screen protector and you'll be fine protection wise.

I took this pic this morning while training to show how I carry mine. It's an Alpha 100 but works the same for the 200. I clip the carabiner to the webbing on the front of my Final Rise shoulder strap and tuck the antenna into the molle webbing. If I want more protection I leave it clipped on the same and just drop it in the pocket. This allows it to easily slide up the webbing for use and it's out of the way but easily available when not in use.

ROGUmbP.jpg

Ucsdryder

WKR
I use the factory clip. I got a screen protector off Amazon. I would strongly recommend it for a couple of bucks!! Works the same as your cell phone screen protector.

Billinsd

WKR
I did what GreenNDark Timber did, GREAT MINDS THINK A LIKE, except I sewed a D ring on a strap on my 300i and will thread the D ring through my Final Rise Vest shoulder strap. Matt Davis from Final Rise does this and he explained how I could, which I did.

Attachments

• 20230728_165235.jpg
    20230728_165235.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Monty3006

FNG
I use this and really like it. I attach it to my bino harness or pack shoulder straps.

Jgormond3

FNG
I use this and really like it. I attach it to my bino harness or pack shoulder straps.
Ooh thanks for including a link too. I’m going to pick one of these up for when I want a touch more protection.