Garmin Inreach Explorer+ problems

I was charging up and updating my electronics for an upcoming bear hunt and ran into some issues with my inreach. While reactivating my communications plan, I turned the unit on and got a white screen. No matter what I did, it was just white. After many tries at resetting, I just did the normal sequence of pushing the left arrow and check button to click turn on while looking at the white screen and it actually worked. Problem is the entire top half of normal screen is blurry as well and seems to get worse every time I turn it on. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I like the in reach, think it's a good solution to backcountry communication for safety/family, but I have had a lot of issues with mine, this just being the latest. I contacted Garmin and they are sending me a replacement unit, albeit a refurbished one, which is a little irritating considering the price you pay for these units and the fact it was still under warranty. Not sure the point I am trying to make, maybe just half venting/half curious if anyone else has had this issue? Has anyone gotten a refurbished unit after warranty claim and had issues with it? Have pictures of the screens below.

Attachments

• IMG_5466.jpeg
    IMG_5466.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 27
I havent had that problem, but I was having issues with it not sending sms messages. Emails were ok. Long story short, it turned out to be an issue on the AT&T side of things. I ended up subscribing to the "service interruption/outages" emails and I am surprised at the amount of issues they have, usually with at&t. I actually ended up showing my wife how to look for service interruptions so that if I miss a check-in, she can check there before sending the Calvary.

As far as getting a refurbished unit, as long as they warranty it, I wouldn't have any issues.