Gas cans suck

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I just take the stupid spout off, put a funnel in the gas fill, and pour away…

Other things I don’t like:
-vapor trapper on most gas pumps
-Rhode Island’s rules where you have to hold the handle on the gas pump because the latch was removed.
If your gas cap isn't attached to the truck, you can wedge it in the handle. I've done that a time or two, lol!

Htm84

WKR
How are you guys spilling so much gas? I don’t like these new style cans either but they don’t cause me to spill gas everywhere. I always take the little safety stop thing off so you can just press the spout into whatever you wanna fill up.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I don't bother to look for what may be legal in Cal. any more, so many say, "can not ship to your location". I take the spout off the gas container and put funnel in fill spout on my vehicle and pour away.

WCB

WKR
Thanks. I’ll look at some of these options but it’s dumb that something that used to work and be easy is now a ridiculous chore.
I know hardware stores around me have replacement nozzles for gas cans that are just the old school no "saftey" anti spill etc.

look online and just type in "replacement gas can nozzle". tons of options.

I just cruise yard sales and pick up the old school gas jugs. I got one from my grandpa that started life out as a 5 gallon jug, but through non venting and expansion holds 6+ now. When that one gives up the ghost, I'll be pretty bummed.

Luked

WKR
I use the VP race cans I have had for years. Put a different nozzel on them that has a button to control flow.

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
I still live in a country with normal jerry cans so I can’t comment on that problem. However, 99% of the time I use a 3/4” ID jiggler hose to siphon fuel. It’ll drain a 20 liter container in about a minute and I don’t have to hold or do anything. Takes about three flicks of the wrist to start the process and never spills a drop.

Fatcamp

WKR

These things work well. I have all manner of gas cans and use these as much as anything.

SwiftShot

WKR
Following January 1, 2009, all gas cans sold in the US must conform to regulations that protect children and the environment. This meant adding a locking device to prevent fuel from pouring out unless a lever is pressed and changing the materials to reduce evaporation.

In english, the government tried to help.