Genuine question chaps.

I'm from England.
It's rarely actually hot in England. It's rarely actually cold either unless the winds up.
One result being you can wear shorts year round. As a school boy I had to wear shorts year round, that was the uniform.

Soooo, Americans:
Blazing hot, seriously hot, uncomfortably hot weather: no one cares, no onewears shorts.
How'eh someone put me out of my misery and please explain this madness to me!?
Why no shorts, ever??

grog24

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know where you get that misperception from? ( movies/TV?) I’m from central/south Texas.. picture of current weather.. a lot of people wear shorts all the time. Most people wear jeans when working on things or going through brush. Also UV protection is a big deal. Also bugs..give it another hour and mosquitos come out.. my casual attire is either shorts with flip flops (if we’re just hanging out) or jeans with boots if we could be going through brush or walking around in grass. If I’m working outside all day in 100F+ temps I’ll be wearing jeans with a short sleeve shirt or long sleeve breathable shirt.. Here’s why jeans and boots can be a good idea on my property.. didn’t take pictures of all the other cactus and typical stuff. Everything has thorns or stingers (wouldn’t trade it for anything).

Attachments

• 5EA195C6-E5D6-4EA0-8702-E0275A2295E5.jpeg
    5EA195C6-E5D6-4EA0-8702-E0275A2295E5.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 89A749BF-C7E6-4200-A061-6A0F55C8156E.jpeg
    89A749BF-C7E6-4200-A061-6A0F55C8156E.jpeg
    629.9 KB · Views: 83
  • BDBF4DA4-8BCE-443B-AD81-04A27B77431C.jpeg
    BDBF4DA4-8BCE-443B-AD81-04A27B77431C.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 84
OP
Anglo-American
I don’t know where you get that misperception from? ( movies/TV?) I’m from central/south Texas.. picture of current weather.. a lot of people wear shorts all the time. Most people wear jeans when working on things or going through brush. Also UV protection is a big deal. Also bugs..give it another hour and mosquitos come out.. my casual attire is either shorts with flip flops (if we’re just hanging out) or jeans with boots if we could be going through brush or walking around in grass. If I’m working outside all day in 100F+ temps I’ll be wearing jeans with a short sleeve shirt or long sleeve breathable shirt.. Here’s why jeans and boots can be a good idea on my property.. didn’t take pictures of all the other cactus and typical stuff. Everything has thorns or stingers (wouldn’t trade it for anything).
Mainly Instagram, dude.

If it hits 25', so around 75/77 degree's then to me that hot.
I'm not used to your sort of heat!... Which only has me more stupified at long trousers in the heat.

I've heard that the vegetation in Texas is serious and takes no prisoners.
I could see that being a problem!

OP
Anglo-American
I'm from England.
It's rarely actually hot in England. It's rarely actually cold either unless the winds up.
One result being you can wear shorts year round. As a school boy I had to wear shorts year round, that was the uniform.

Soooo, Americans:
Blazing hot, seriously hot, uncomfortably hot weather: no one cares, no onewears shorts.
How'eh someone put me out of my misery and please explain this madness to me!?
Why no shorts, ever??
So it's just the lads on Instagram it seems that live year round in long trousers.
Wired. _20210816_224258.JPG

grog24

Lil-Rokslider
Mainly Instagram, dude.

If it hits 25', so around 75/77 degree's then to me that hot.
I'm not used to your sort of heat!... Which only has me more stupified at long trousers in the heat.

I've heard that the vegetation in Texas is serious and takes no prisoners.
I could see that being a problem!
You get used to it. It’s not that bad.

it’s just like I can’t understand people living year round anywhere where there’s routine snow AKA north of Texas. But if it’s what you grew up knowing...

OP
Anglo-American
Mainly Instagram, dude.
Hot is hot dude.

But I have the solution..

View attachment 318932

This is for when I get dressed up.

I have the same outfit in bourbon color for everyday stuff.
At least it airs your nuts, big man!

OP
Anglo-American
I guess I fit the image.

I might wear shorts twice in a year, maybe. I wear boots all the time too.

View attachment 318930

Just seems American to me.

Maybe that's why we kicked y'all out of here so easily. Briars got to you.
I wouldn't get to prideful. The predominantly British and Dutch fighting for their freedom of life to exist needed the French to help them.
The French dude. 😂

If you're happy with jeans and boots in serious heat, then I'm happy for you. It would knock me out, I'm to soft.

OP
Anglo-American
Breathable nylon pants are a game changer. As long as there’s a breeze, I find them to be cooler than shorts.
I work in construction and these days all work trousers and shorts are corderia or nylon with some stretch.
I trued a few of them but ultimately I've gone back to a hard wearing, breathable cotton. So much more breathable. Cotton isn't always a great choice but for work it works very well, for me.

I wouldn't get to prideful. The predominantly British and Dutch fighting for their freedom of life to exist needed the French to help them.
The French dude. 😂

If you're happy with jeans and boots in serious heat, then I'm happy for you. It would knock me out, I'm to soft.

Honestly I think y'all beat yourselves.

Let's dress in bright red jackets and white trousers......

Come to think of it, no wonder you have a sour taste for long leggings.

OP
Anglo-American
Honestly I think y'all beat yourselves.

Let's dress in bright red jackets and white trousers......

Come to think of it, no wonder you have a sour taste for long leggings.
The bright jacket thing was mad, wasn't it.
Actual lunacy.
... Put on this bright red jacket so we can all see you, then go stand in that field over there.
Now those other chaps are going to short at you, AND you're not allowed to move until you're told you're allowed, and how you're allowed!

- No chance!