Getting into a suppressor

I have a Rugged radiant...really like it...TI with sterlitte baffels, full auto rated up to 300 rum, no barrel length restrictions. 12 oz...plus it breaks in half which works well on my ARs.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you went to the SilencerShop physical store,
I doubt he is the “#1 seller”.
I’m pretty unfamiliar with the Q lineup. However, I suspect at the price point there is a better option or something that performs the same for cheaper.
Q cans are high performers in 300 blk but are fairly mediocre in other calibers.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
What is the quietest suppressor on the market for a 30 caliber rifle? Length and weight not being an issue.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. That is what I had been able to find as well. Just didn’t know if anything new has come out since those were tested.
Looks like the Thunderbeast magnus may take the quietest crown. I would like to see it compared to the Hyperion.

SODO

FNG
Went to a local dealer here who claims to be the #1 seller of suppressors in the US. Told him I was looking for one that I could swap between different 30 cals that I have as well as my 6.5., etc. Based on that as well as weight he suggested the Q Trash Panda. Seems like a legit suppressor, but haven't seen it mentioned much here.

Does anyone have any real world experience with this option?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Went to a local dealer here who claims to be the #1 seller of suppressors in the US. Told him I was looking for one that I could swap between different 30 cals that I have as well as my 6.5., etc. Based on that as well as weight he suggested the Q Trash Panda. Seems like a legit suppressor, but haven't seen it mentioned much here.

Does anyone have any real world experience with this option?

Sounds like MG MT. They did a good job for me, I’d recommend them. Check out PewScience reviews for independent testing on the actual quietness of suppressors. He does a good job of taking out variables and establishing a universal silencer rating.

For a hunting rifle suppressor, when you are deciding and trying to thread the needle between length (CGS Hyperion is the quietest but at 9.5”), quietness (a lot of the big brand name cans are actually loud), weight, and price point ($1k with stamp) I’ve found the Dead Air suppressors come out on top.

fwafwow

WKR
Good point, that I failed to mention. There needs to be adequate shoulder there. Some suppressors will index off the muzzle, but most index off the shoulder.
Following up on my prior post about the threads - make sure there is also a sufficient recess below the threads. If your barrel is threaded for a compensator, it may not have the recess. (I learned this the hard way after my prior post - with Cooper after they threaded a rifle and then told me after the fact that they threaded it for their muzzle brake - without the necessary recess.)

One other point - and this is one that many take issue with - I would hire a lawyer to do your trust. IMHO the downsides are too great to not get an expert to handle the most important aspect of applying for and owning a suppressor. Those that do it are much more reasonable than "normal" legal fees.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like MG MT. They did a good job for me, I’d recommend them. Check out PewScience reviews for independent testing on the actual quietness of suppressors. He does a good job of taking out variables and establishing a universal silencer rating.

For a hunting rifle suppressor, when you are deciding and trying to thread the needle between length (CGS Hyperion is the quietest but at 9.5”), quietness (a lot of the big brand name cans are actually loud), weight, and price point ($1k with stamp) I’ve found the Dead Air suppressors come out on top.

Pick up a diligent defense S.

Light weight, shorter length and fantastic sound performance

Yep, that's where it was. I purchased the Dead Air Nomad Ti.

Now my only problem is getting the barrels threaded. The Smith said that with my Tikkas the barrels aren't thick enough for a standard thread so I'm going to have to use an adapter. He wants the adapter so he can match the threads and size exactly. Of course there aren't any adapters anywhere so I'm just waiting for one to be available and not on backorder.

fwafwow

WKR

Now my only problem is getting the barrels threaded. The Smith said that with my Tikkas the barrels aren't thick enough for a standard thread so I'm going to have to use an adapter. He wants the adapter so he can match the threads and size exactly. Of course there aren't any adapters anywhere so I'm just waiting for one to be available and not on backorder.

You are going down a path I went. I don’t want to repeat all of my misery (there’s a separate thread). Feel free to PM for more info - but the short version is (1) make sure your smith has the adapter AND the threading specs specific to your can, and (2) I have quite a few Area419 adapters that I will no longer use (not because of any problem with them, I’m just going with the adapter specific to my can) and might be able to get you what you need for less than new cost.

Another option for you is to cut the barrel back to where you can get 9/16-24 threads and then just purchase a direct thread insert for your can. Only a few more $ than an adapter and you don’t have to worry about stacking tolerances.

Another option for you is to cut the barrel back to where you can get 9/16-24 threads and then just purchase a direct thread insert for your can. Only a few more $ than an adapter and you don’t have to worry about stacking tolerances.
Yeah, thought of that, but one of them is 22" and really don't want to go shorter as it would lose around 75' per second. The other is a superlite with the fluted barrel so that one's not getting cut.

Wondering about my decision to get the superlite threaded as I think it might be like carrying a flagpole once the suppressor is on.

Yeah, thought of that, but one of them is 22" and really don't want to go shorter as it would lose around 75' per second. The other is a superlite with the fluted barrel so that one's not getting cut.

Wondering about my decision to get the superlite threaded as I think it might be like carrying a flagpole once the suppressor is on.

75 fps is nothing, unless you plan on hunting past 600 yards.
As for the Superlight, I agree, it will be too long with a suppressor on it, unless you are just going to be stationary hunting.
Best bet for that one is to rebarrel, or sell it for something in the same chambering that will be a better fit for a suppressor.