Getting tired of the same old thing. New venison Recipes

Latest is instant Pot venison. I take whole deer shanks and cook them down in the Instant Pot with some beef broth for 45 min (pressure cook), then add what ever vegetables I feel like and cook an additional 10-15 minutes. McCormick's "Slow Cooker" seasoning packets work well with venison. The connective tissues that everyone tries to eliminate from venison gets melted down into deliciousness from pressure cooking.

My wife has a pressure cooker that we have never used, but this may be what gets me to try it out. I have slow cooked shanks for years in a crock pot but a meal in an hour just sounds like cheating. Thanks for the idea.

Latest is instant Pot venison. I take whole deer shanks and cook them down in the Instant Pot with some beef broth for 45 min (pressure cook), then add what ever vegetables I feel like and cook an additional 10-15 minutes. McCormick's "Slow Cooker" seasoning packets work well with venison. The connective tissues that everyone tries to eliminate from venison gets melted down into deliciousness from pressure cooking.
Have you used your pressure cooker on anything else, sir?

My wife has a pressure cooker that we have never used, but this may be what gets me to try it out. I have slow cooked shanks for years in a crock pot but a meal in an hour just sounds like cheating. Thanks for the idea.
It's definitely the way to go. We do the same but I prefer to cook them a little longer, usually 1 hour for the meat and another half hour with all the veggies and such. Wife really likes the Mississippi style, I add 1 packet of dry ranch and 1 packet of au jous mix and half a jar of pepperoncini peppers with juice. It turns out darn good.

We use the pressure cooker to can venison and hogs, adding bbq for the hogs and it comes out of the jar like a pulled pork. The venison can be used a million ways. Not all pressure cookers can reach canning pressures though, if yours has a canning button it'll do.