glasses and eye relief

Adequate for me are Swaro and Leica binoculars and Swaro and Leupold Gold Ring spotting scopes. I've had trouble with some spotters, mainly Leica, Kowa and Nikon. I need a minimum of 17 or 18 mm of eye relief for easy viewing.

Look at the eye relief specs on each glass, then look through them to ensure they work for you before buying. Note that I find angled spotters to be easy to use with eye glasses than straight due to the ergonomics....despite identical eye relief specs.

OP
willidru

willidru

WKR
Looking into some 15x56's and it seems they have less eye relief than 10x42's. The Swaro SLC are 16mm and the Meostars are 15 mm and glass comparable to these 2 with better eye relief for glass wearers? Or have those whose wear glasses found using the 15's off a tripod don't need as much eye relief?

muddydogs

WKR
I didn't know I was supposed to have a problem with looking through optics with glasses. Never had an issue with the eyecups against my glasses with anything I've looked through.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I have older Leupold (green ring) Mesa's in 10X50's that work well when viewing with my glasses. I have always thought they were decent bino's, for the money but my hunting buddy who tried them on a recent scouting trip confirmed it. They have good glass for hunting purposes. For me, I have to dial each ocular eye piece in or out for the best performance since I wear glasses. Depending on your prescription and lens correction, each eye piece may have to be dialed in more or less for the best result. In my case, my right eyepiece is dialed all the way in and my left is dialed out slightly. Play with your bino's to find the setting that works best for you, whether you wear glasses or not.