Goat outfitter bc or Alaska

Hey guys planning a 2021 goat hunt. Has anyone done a two species hunt? It seems like a lot of these Alaska, bc outfits can put you on goats relatively easy if your capable.

I’d like to hunt some where I can spend the other 7-8 days hiking and hunting just in case we are successful day 1.

There are plenty of deer (although, a few less after this winter), and some caribou on Kodiak that a person could hunt after filling their goat tag. 3 deer and 1 caribou limit for both residents and non-residents.

OP
S
There are plenty of deer (although, a few less after this winter), and some caribou on Kodiak that a person could hunt after filling their goat tag. 3 deer and 1 caribou limit for both residents and non-residents.

is all of kodiak a draw for goats?

Jimss

WKR
A lot depends upon the type of goat hunt you prefer and other species you are interested in. Hike in, boat, horses, drop via plane. Lots of options.

I hunted with Angus in ‘16 and ‘17. He’s a great guy and has a beautifully rugged guide area. Also hunted winter goat in December’17 with Bob Milligan in BC. Bob’s guided the same 10,000 sq.mile area for over 20 years and has had a 100% success rate for many years.

npm352

WKR
If you are American I would do Alaska because it is in America. You have a better chance of not getting screwed out of deposit money if COVID continues to effect plans.

I would rather deal with Americans in America if I was trying to recoup thousands of dollars rather than an American in Canada.

Case in point: look at this thread for the nightmare the outfitter is putting a RS client through just because he can. His hunt is doomed as soon as he steps off the plane regardless of whether he even gets to step off of a plane. Best case scenario for him is if the country stays open and he has to salvage a hunt with a guy that was a total clown to deal with and destroyed the trust by strong-armed him just because he could.

I hunted with Angus in ‘16 and ‘17. He’s a great guy and has a beautifully rugged guide area. Also hunted winter goat in December’17 with Bob Milligan in BC. Bob’s guided the same 10,000 sq.mile area for over 20 years and has had a 100% success rate for many years.
I heard Angus sold out?? I hunted with him five years ago , pretty country..

Depends what you want. Usually the better trophies come from BC. - call Bolen - Lewis. Allen is American. you can usually chase black Bears in BC, though the spring is better known for those hunts.

Otherwise as mentioned Southern Kodiak fall hunt will add deer, if there are any left after last wintero_O

gunnar_17

FNG
If your interested we are usually very successful on Moose/Goat combos in Northern B.C.
Take a look at mountainhunt.com
and feel free to give us a call.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

If you are American I would do Alaska because it is in America. You have a better chance of not getting screwed out of deposit money if COVID continues to effect plans.

I would rather deal with Americans in America if I was trying to recoup thousands of dollars rather than an American in Canada.

Case in point: look at this thread for the nightmare the outfitter is putting a RS client through just because he can. His hunt is doomed as soon as he steps off the plane regardless of whether he even gets to step off of a plane. Best case scenario for him is if the country stays open and he has to salvage a hunt with a guy that was a total clown to deal with and destroyed the trust by strong-armed him just because he could.

Canadians are crooks now?

Don't listen to this garbage advice. There are many Canadian guides in BC that have phenomenal trophies at phenomenal prices. And right now because of stupidity like the above. There are some great deals to be had as many brilliant folks like this guy cancelled. I took advantage of it myself and booked a hunt this year and moved my Africa hunt to next year. And every guide I spoke to is offering you hassle free bump to 2021 if for some reason this crap keeps going. I booked with https://lastfrontierhunting.com/ Logan came with tons of references who had nothing but amazing things to say. Even industry manufacturers reps who have hunted with him I spoke to personally. I did a Moose/goat combo, me (Canadian) and two of my non ignorant american friends are going.

buzzy

WKR

Don't listen to this garbage advice. There are many Canadian guides in BC that have phenomenal trophies at phenomenal prices. And right now because of stupidity like the above. There are some great deals to be had as many brilliant folks like this guy cancelled. I took advantage of it myself and booked a hunt this year and moved my Africa hunt to next year. And every guide I spoke to is offering you hassle free bump to 2021 if for some reason this crap keeps going. I booked with https://lastfrontierhunting.com/ Logan came with tons of references who had nothing but amazing things to say. Even industry manufacturers reps who have hunted with him I spoke to personally. I did a Moose/goat combo, me (Canadian) and two of my non ignorant american friends are going.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but honestly your government is really making it difficult right now with the travel restrictions. It’s pretty ridiculous for another 30 day ban on travel and the sheep hunts start up at the end of July in the NWT. I have a sheep hunt planned at the end of July but honestly I don’t expect to be going because I don’t think Canada is going to let me in. So for anything in the near term I don’t know why one would take a chance. And there are plenty of Canadian hunters speaking up here that we won’t be allowed in this summer and really low chances this fall.

There’s been at least one other thread on here where an outfitter is forcing a hunter to pay the rest of the deposit for a July sheep hunt knowing full well he probably won’t be able to go due to the travel ban. And if he doesn’t pay the rest of the deposit then he loses his hunt and the money already given. If he pays and can’t hunt the hunt will be rescheduled but he will have to pay more because the prices are increasing. That’s just wrong and I hope he loses business.

I have heard that a lot of the outfitters in Canada are actually owned by US outfitters but not sure if that is true. So I’m not saying Canadian outfitters are bad, not at all. I don’t know the one that’s requiring the rest of the deposit is Canadian or not but it’s definitely a buyers beware for this year in any Canadian hunt.

The one I’m going with actually is a Canadian owned outfit and has a top-flight reputation so I expect to be going on my hunt and he will make it right. However it might not be for another two years and I know he’s not gonna charge me more.

npm352

WKR

I did not say Canadians are crooks. I said if I was an American I would rather deal with an issue with $12,000 or so on the line within America, especially for animal that can be hunted in each country.

If I was Canadian I would rather deal with another Canadian in Canadian court than an American. If you don't like the logic, so be it, but don't put words in my mouth.

There are unscrupulous outfitters everywhere and likely many will be tanking soon if travel restrictions are not lifted. Many of those hunts want half down and the other half months before arrival.

The goats are the same on each side of the border. The OP asked for opinions on Canada vs Alaska. I expressed my recommendation on the fact that there are some outfitters that are currently screwing people and will likely screw people later, and Canada's travel restrictions aren't help the situation. I'd rather deal with it in my home country. I assumed he was American. Maybe he is Canadian and should think about Canada.

I have a good amount of money down on an African dangerous game hunt for July that will likely not be happening. The guy has been good about it and in the contract I can extend it to 2021. That does not mean it doesn't make me nervous to have money out there knowing I have little to know leverage of recouping that if he decides to bail.

It is something to consider in the equation. It is okay to drop the PC policing and think logically.

International business is more risky and troublesome and with this comes greater risk and rewards.

I see no problem with someone wanting to support Americans 1st. Alaska will be hit very hard, it’s a petroleum and tourism industry.

That said, no reason to throw all the good professional Canadian outfitters out with the bath water just because of one asshole.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but honestly your government is really making it difficult right now with the travel restrictions. It’s pretty ridiculous for another 30 day ban on travel and the sheep hunts start up at the end of July in the NWT. I have a sheep hunt planned at the end of July but honestly I don’t expect to be going because I don’t think Canada is going to let me in. So for anything in the near term I don’t know why one would take a chance. And there are plenty of Canadian hunters speaking up here that we won’t be allowed in this summer and really low chances this fall.

There’s been at least one other thread on here where an outfitter is forcing a hunter to pay the rest of the deposit for a July sheep hunt knowing full well he probably won’t be able to go due to the travel ban. And if he doesn’t pay the rest of the deposit then he loses his hunt and the money already given. If he pays and can’t hunt the hunt will be rescheduled but he will have to pay more because the prices are increasing. That’s just wrong and I hope he loses business.

I have heard that a lot of the outfitters in Canada are actually owned by US outfitters but not sure if that is true. So I’m not saying Canadian outfitters are bad, not at all. I don’t know the one that’s requiring the rest of the deposit is Canadian or not but it’s definitely a buyers beware for this year in any Canadian hunt.

The one I’m going with actually is a Canadian owned outfit and has a top-flight reputation so I expect to be going on my hunt and he will make it right. However it might not be for another two years and I know he’s not gonna charge me more.

You do realize the border closure between Canada and USA is a mutual agreement right? It's not a unilateral decision. Hence how from day one a deal was made to allow the economy to flow through the border but everything else shuts down. Which by the way no two other countries did. Every extension has been made together. Just like you can't come here, I can't go to the US. Which I normally fly to almost every week for work. I cancelled my wild Texas aodad hunt back in late March. And have yet been able to return for my normal business travel.

Now don't get me wrong I didn't say it was a good decision. I'm just saying this is s mutual agreement. Don't think for a second our waste of sperm prime minister would have the balls to tell the US that we are going to continue to stop the travel without the US's nod.