Got Gas?

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder what our taxes would be if we would oust people from government with the budget use it or lose it mentality. I used to run a little comm. college building trades program. I never bought things we didn't need, and then the administration hit me with the use the budget or lose it mentality. I went back through the prior years and had saved the taxpayer over $100k in 5 years vs the use it or lose it mentality. I'm sure the administration figured out a way to use it up someplace else. This was just one department of a tiny rural community college. Imagine the waste across every government budget in this country.

To no surprise, 4 pages in and it appears maybe 3 people actually read the article. Only landscaping equipment under 25 hp, only on state land, only during months that are technically feasible for the equipment. The article and ruling cites PM concerns that have been verified by a few locals already in this thread. Is your argument that PM levels are not a public concern? Kids in cities should just breathe garbage because your favorite political news site twisted the story? It’s amazing how people can’t see beyond their politics.

As long as they don’t force this on others, good for them by leading by example. I do understand that some feel this is the first step in forcing it upon others, but time will tell.

Stalker69

WKR
Sucks, but the cities have to deal with it first, at least that's how I read it. Says " public property". I only mow private yards. For now any ways.

cnelk

WKR
I spent a career at a large school district and I can tell you for sure that gas powered lawn equipment are still in use and the battery option is in the infancy stage.

I can’t wait until this fall when they go for another Bond Issue and Mill Levy Override to fund the new law.

Try again

I'm so glad I didn't take the opportunity 6ish years ago and moved to Denver for the company I worked for at the time. That state is starting to go down hill faster than the west coast.
We are further down the hill on the west coast, but Colorado is trying to catch up in a hurry. It’s crazy how fast things can go sideways in a state when the momentum shifts a certain way

We need 2 governments per state, a metro government and a rural government, or better yet, some level heads making some of the decisions

sneaky

"DADDY"
Fair warning don't be the guy that takes this into the weeds.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
If you are that guy... make sure your batteries are fully charged first

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nope.

The rule applies from June to August. During this time, state agencies will not be allowed to use gas-powered lawn equipment with engines of 25 horsepower or less.​

It's for weed whackers and small mowers. Small 2- and 4-stroke engines contribute way more to pollution/poor air quality (which is a big problem in the Denver area) than most people realize. The state wanted to improve air quality but didn't want to force something on private citizens (that probably wouldn't get passed anyway). So instead it mandated that it will reduce its OWN usage of this equipment.

25+hp engines, especially older ones, do tend to run pretty dirty, but there are way less of them in use than there are gas-powered weed whackers, and especially with diesels, you can improve air quality almost as much with better fuel as you can with any other method. So if you care about air quality, they're not a useful target for improvement (right now).

It also makes a ton of sense because these engines also have short lifetimes so they get replaced at regular interval and auctioned off already, so people can't even really complain it's going to raise equipment purchase costs (by much anyway - electric tools do cost more, but also have longer lifetimes so that's probably a wash.)

This is a good bill being made fun of because of the click-bait headline.
Every new lithium battery powered piece of lawn care equipment should come with a picture of the lithium mine it came from on the box.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk