Got looong arches and short toes

Billinsd

WKR
Using a Branock foot measurer, my toe to heal length is a size 9.5 and my arch length is about 12, and width is a D. I have a hell of a time finding ski boots, or stiff hiking boots. Anyone have some stories, or suggestions? I usually get size 10 or 10.5 E boots. I always, just thought my feet were real wide, but they really aren't. Maybe a size 11 D boot would fit better?

Last edited:
OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
It's like I got a size 12 boot size, however my toes are a little stunted, lol. I need to find size 11 to 12 that will hold my heel. My toes will have lots of room, but I don't want the rest of my foot, heel and arch moving around.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Do you guys measure your arch length? I never thought about, and if someone told me, I'm sure I dismissed them and forgot about it.

WKR
May need to get a 12 for the boot to break correctly at the MTP joint, then learn a heel lock lacing technique to keep your foot in the back of the boot? Worth a shot anyway.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
May need to get a 12 for the boot to break correctly at the MTP joint, then learn a heel lock lacing technique to keep your foot in the back of the boot? Worth a shot anyway.
Thanks! I definitely need to try the boots on. I went to REI and 12s seemed a bit big and 11.5s seemed pretty good. I went to a new balance shoe outlet store and found that 11.5s fit pretty good. Lots of toe room, but the arch and heel doesn't move.
Bill

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
Don't dare offer any advice on boot/shoe fit. I struggle more getting a boot that my heels don't move too much. What I did find it was well worth my money to use the custom fit system @ Lathrop & Sons (they are sponsors on this site). Best fitting boot system I ever had after they got done.