Got my first rifle

Congratulations! Cannot go wrong with a Tikka in the venerable 30-06. It’s a very underrated cartridge, tons of ammo choices, hits game very hard but still has tolerable recoil. Great choice that should provide many years of enjoyment. It will certainly wallop all of the animals you listed.

Motown

WKR
Great setup there! Just a word of advice, do yourself a favor and throw a limbsaver recoil pad on it. Tikkas are awesome rifles that will serve you well but they will kick a bit especially in an 06.

LightFoot

WKR
Great choice. Limbsaver is a great idea. A threaded brake goes a long way, too.

>>>----JAKE----->

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
Great setup there! Just a word of advice, do yourself a favor and throw a limbsaver recoil pad on it. Tikkas are awesome rifles that will serve you well but they will kick a bit especially in an 06.

I’ll second the limbsaver. While you’re at it, I’d put a vertical grip on it too. Makes a big difference in my opinion. They’re still on sale through Beretta for $15. Code #CSPRO156 makes it $12.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I think you have a great set-up. I would also recommend the Limbsaver pad and the vertical grip. Those are pretty cheap upgrades. If you can’t get the trigger pull down to where you want it, you can get an aftermarket spring pretty cheap, too.

davescarp

WKR
I’ll second the limbsaver. While you’re at it, I’d put a vertical grip on it too. Makes a big difference in my opinion. They’re still on sale through Beretta for $15. Code #CSPRO156 makes it $12.
Thanks, gave it free shipping too. Just bought 2!

OP
NasssTNate
haven’t put it to real use yet, but what swayed me on it from research was, that for the money, it has decent low light capability, the dial system is very good and their customer service is great. I managed to find a new dealer demo for a great price and it looks like they sent me a new one instead of the demo anyway, so I can’t complain. Once I settle in on a cartridge/bullet I’ll likely order the custom dial for it (free for the first one when you get a new scope).

Great combo. I too have a Tikka T3 SL in 7RM with the VX3i 4.5 x 14-40. I have been very happy with this set up. Did install the Limbsaver and mine loves the Barnes TTSX ammo.