Gotta Love CA

amassi

WKR
Rain in September used to be pretty much a yearly thing, from his grandparents (bought the ranch in 1935) to his parents to him. Just not in the past ~20 years. This may not make sense to you, but when you are a cattle rancher and your livelihood is in part dependent on it you tend to pay attention to those sorts of things. It is the difference between whether they have to buy hay to feed in the fall or not.

And while my friend's ranch isn't in the sierras (rather Mendocino county) and not sure whether you looked at the first chart that you posted before doing so, but it reflects September precipitation in in the '70's, 80's and 90's periods but not so much after that - which more validates than invalidates the point I was making.
Rain in September has never been a yearly thing
Over 120 years of records prove that
September is the third driest month after July and August

Me not being a cattle rancher is moot, charts dont lie

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Rain in September has never been a yearly thing
Over 120 years of records prove that
September is the third driest month after July and August

Me not being a cattle rancher is moot, charts dont lie

Which chart did you post that shows precipitation in Laytonville or Mendocino county exactly? You sound like you are trying to internet warrior your way past 80+ years of family history based on 5 minutes of internet research.

amassi

WKR
Which chart did you post that shows precipitation in Laytonville or Mendocino county exactly? You sound like you are trying to internet warrior your way past 80+ years of family history based on 5 minutes of internet research.
Ok
Have a good night
These are from Mendocino county farm bureau

78a392e5b5ab27e7c668be652fda2886.jpg
c1e623072572389609227b3e71c81a1c.jpg

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
I see our Governor blames it on Climate Change.....when in reality its the total lack of vegetation management.

My buddy has seen the room where PGE [power company] stores the hundreds of injuctions against them clearing and cutting trees.

The idiot Sierra Club types don't want to cut anything and they sue, sue sue to stop any logging or clearing. This "Leave it natural" mentality is the reason we have such horrible fires-----wet Spings create an incredible amount of FUEL- its a simple concept that these liberal thinkers just can't get their arms around.

Now our Governor is finally getting the message- initiated some clearing projects in the Spring that never happened due to Covid....but of course it was too late.

Same for the liberal "Green Initiative" that has us running out of power when the sun goes down. Mayors stating, "don't run your appliances in the afternoon"....... we have had rolling blackouts to cope. CA had to buy power from out of state at exorbitant rates due to the failed policy.

The more you know about the facts, the more you realize, Liberalism really is a disease of weak minds.

_______

Last edited:

Rokbar

WKR
I see our Governor blames it on Climate Change.....when in reality its the total lack of vegetation management.

My buddy has seen the room where PGE [power company] stores the hundreds of injuctions against them clearing and cutting trees.

The idiot Sierra Club types don't want to cut anything and they sue, sue sue to stop any logging or clearing. This "Leave it natural" mentality is the reason we have such horrible fires-----wet Spings create an incredible amount of FUEL- Duh.

Now our Governor is finally getting the message- initiated some clearing projects in the Spring that never happened due to Covid....but of course it was too late.

Same for the liberal "Green Initiative" that has us running out of power when the sun goes down. Mayors stating, "don't run your appliances in the afternoon"....... we have had rolling blackouts to cope. CA had to buy power from out of state at exorbitant rates due to the failed policy.

The more you know about the facts, the more you realize, Liberalism really is a disease of weak minds.

_______
The Sierra Club are environmental terrorists!

Beendare

WKR
We have seen it here for years....groups like the Sierra Club resisting logging/cutting.....now with these fires the flaw in that logic is coming home to roost. It wasn't hard to predict.

The community of Paradise that burned a couple years ago had greenie homeowners resisting cutting and clearing.....but when the place burns to the ground they blame someone else.

Now we have CA politicians doing the same thing.....ITS FUEL....and it needs to be managed.

Funny....they used to manage it decades ago.....by selectively logging and clear cutting.....and we didn't have so many of these huge complex fires all at once.

The logic here is so simple.....its crazy many don't see it. I think these disasterous fires just might make folks realize that these forests need to be managed by harvesting and cutting.

____

Last edited:

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Some northern forests started reopening this morning for day use and camping at campgrounds! But no dispersed camping or backpacking, which sucks.
I'm hunting d3-5 so at least now I can hunt either in Tahoe NF or Eldorado NF. It's going to be a mess for all the people that don't have reservations and show up to full campgrounds. I just got the last online reservations for the area I'm targeting this year.

J Batt

WKR
Wanted to post an update. Thanks to everyone who called the USFS here in SoCal they are reopening for good on Oct 9. I spoke with my buddy who works for the USFS. He was on a conference call with the SoCal USFS managers, who were all compaining about the overwhelming calls and emails from the Public(specifically HUNTERS!). I know I called at least half a dozen times and sent an email with my thoughts on access to our land. I never got a call or email back. But they heard us.
More important than voting is contacting your representatives or officials. We may not get to decide who gets appointed over us, but we do
not have to sit back and shut up about it.
I believe each man has the ability to judge for himself what is too dangerous, and if he makes a mistake that ends up being his last. So be it.

FLAK

WKR
They will shut hunting down completely next year due to the fires caused by man made global warming.