Grand Canyon rim to rim.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I did it in the spring time. There was snow up too so I would recommend getting spikes for your shoes . Hind sight , I would have wore boots for this hike . My feet were toast for days after that. Also, ask which water stations and bathrooms are operational on the trails . I went down south kibab and nothing was operational . Not even the water

Spoonman

WKR
As I mentioned earlier that I did the falls. I would highly recommend booking the helicopter flight out! Not because it’s the east way out but because the views are equally awesome as the falls.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’d go as early or late as possible. My daughter and I did it over 3 days a few years ago Labor Day weekend. It was incredibly HOT in the bottom and the rangers advised just laying in the creek during the day. Did a lot of hiking very early and late in the day because of the heat. It was an awesome experience for us both and I’d do it again with her for sure. It boggles my mind seeing the folks that do it in less than a day!

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
In late May 20 years ago I went From south rim camped and hiked back to south rim next Day. Left at dark next morning to beat the heat.

Big regret was not staying another day or two in the canyon. I went fly fishing in angel bright and Colorado river. Caught trout in both. Other hikes could’ve done while down there.

Wouldn’t rush it, lots to do down there.

You can do it after October. My wife did it 2nd weekend in November a couple years ago and I did it last weekend.

Fall is better. In spring, it's possible there's trail closures from snow or rain and at the point you can do it it's pretty warm at the bottom. You'll be able to know well ahead of time if the water is on/off at places.

Last weekend, it was 30F at 5:30am start, I think a high of 60s or so in bottom of canyon mid day.

North to south is easier. Pack light. Trekking poles are helpful

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
You can do it after October. My wife did it 2nd weekend in November a couple years ago and I did it last weekend.

Fall is better. In spring, it's possible there's trail closures from snow or rain and at the point you can do it it's pretty warm at the bottom. You'll be able to know well ahead of time if the water is on/off at places.

Last weekend, it was 30F at 5:30am start, I think a high of 60s or so in bottom of canyon mid day.

North to south is easier. Pack light. Trekking poles are helpful
Thanks, I found out after I posted this that you can hike it after October. As far as water goes, can’t you filter it from the river?

Also, did you just do it one way?

Thanks, I found out after I posted this that you can hike it after October. As far as water goes, can’t you filter it from the river?

Also, did you just do it one way?

Yes, you certainly can filter from the river. I carried a cartridge filter flask as a backup. I didn't need to use it though. Yes, I only did it north to south

lelliott8

FNG
I did rim to river and back in late May this year. Was hot in the middle of the day so got up early to do our hiking. The water and bathrooms were all open on the way back up which was a huge luxury for carrying less water.
If I could do it again I would try to spend one night at the bottom and one night at havasupai gardens. Hiking would be minimal and it was a really cool spot.