Grim Reaper 1 3/8” Razortip Fans? Experience?

I’ve killed a lot of deer with the 1 3/8” Razortip. I think it has one of the best blade angles of any mechanical. Swept back and 3 blades with an excellent retention system.

Anyone else a fan or user of the 1 3/8” Grim Reaper Razortip?

No I thought the blood trails were lacking when I used the over the top style of the 1 3/8 grim reapers/spitfire I switched to rear deploying like sevrs/killzones and am much happier. Bigger entrys bigger and shorter blood trails

fatlander

WKR
I couldn’t be more impressed by a mechanical. I’ve killed a bunch of deer and turkeys with them. The trauma they inflict is incredible. The 1 3/8” blades hold up really well. I’ve been able to resharpen and reuse many of them.

I shot a bunch of deer, a gobbler, and an elk with SEVR’s last fall. I was less than impressed. Blood trails were meh, blades were trash after each shot. Not to say the SEVR’s didn’t kill stuff when I put them where they’re supposed to be, I just wasn’t impressed. For the money, I think the grim reaper is a better head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shot a few deer with them and never had one go far. I actually like their 1.5" "crossbow" head a little better since the whole is just a bit bigger with a similar blade angle. I don't love the idea of an over the top mechanical but the grim reapers have never failed me. Given the chance I'd love to shoot a couple of deer with their 2 inch whitetail special and their 1 3/8 and compare blood trail and distance since in my head the 2 incher should be faster, but it's hard to imagine since I've not had a deer shot with any grim reaper head go farther than 40 yards

The fatal steels are definitely the best grim reaper mech yet. They really impressed me this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using TI
I just wish the fatal steel came as a 1 1/2 inch cut in the 100 grain... I have a hard time shooting a 1 1/4 inch mechanical when I can shoot an exodus or grim reaper. For me the mechanical advantage is the biggest hole possible since I generally can get my bows to broadhead tune pretty well

I have had good luck with the fatal steel and the mini mag. A buddy and my son have done well with the razor tip.

Overall my experience has been good with grim reaper.

The only other head I like is the rage Hypo NC.

I like mechs that don’t require a collar or ring to hold them closed!

I’ve used three models of Reapers. All three have been devastating on everything I’ve shot with them (deer and pigs). Great blood trails that I can follow walking normally. I won’t shoot another head anytime soon.

CowboyD

FNG
All of the kudos for GR broadheads is encouraging since they perform poorly on Lusk's tests.
I do like that they are made in the USA.

Donjuan

WKR
I've used them with success on whitetails. Usually it's a pass through and they go down quick. If you angle hard into the opposite shoulder and hit the knuckle or scapular spine it may not pass through

fatlander

WKR
All of the kudos for GR broadheads is encouraging since they perform poorly on Lusk's tests.

I’ve killed about 15 animals with SEVRs and at least twice as many with reapers. I’d pick the reapers every time. They just perform better on game. Reapers put more blood on the ground, they’re sharper, and they have held up better post shot than SEVRs for me. You also don’t have rubber o rings to worry about with reapers.

Lusks test are great, but in the real world the reaper puts stuff on the ground quicker and gives you way more blood to follow.

OP
General RE LEE

Lusk’s tests are entertaining but take them with a grain of salt. He shoots the same head over and over until failure. These heads aren’t designed to be shot into foam target, ballistic gel, particle board, steel plate, etc.

I have had good luck with the fatal steel and the mini mag. A buddy and my son have done well with the razor tip.

Overall my experience has been good with grim reaper.

The only other head I like is the rage Hypo NC.

I like mechs that don’t require a collar or ring to hold them closed!
What's the deal with the mini mag? It's the 1.5 x 1.25 right?

I’ve killed about 15 animals with SEVRs and at least twice as many with reapers. I’d pick the reapers every time. They just perform better on game. Reapers put more blood on the ground, they’re sharper, and they have held up better post shot than SEVRs for me. You also don’t have rubber o rings to worry about with reapers.

Lusks test are great, but in the real world the reaper puts stuff on the ground quicker and gives you way more blood to follow.

I love em both, if I have an over the top mechanical it's for sure a reaper. Sevr is my favorite rear deploy and I've had good luck with both. Never lost a deer with a grim reaper or Sevr, and never had one not leave blood to follow. I actually love the grim reaper fixed heads too, makes me think I should try a hybrid sometime