Gritty Podcast Kifaru vs Stone Glacier

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
It was in no way an unbiased opinion. It was done poorly with manipulated vocabulary to paint kifaru badly the whole time. I could easily see how a company would not want to associate with someone who does "reviews" in that way. For people who have ran both companies products the whole episode stinks of dishonesty and biased opinions.
Sure. It's obvious that Brian has a bias; however, are we certain that Stone Glacier promotes his behavior? I'd be willing to bet that they don't.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't get too worked up about a podcast, it will in no way effect kifaru, they are the top dogs for a reason, a podcast will not change that. Aron is probably one of the most respected names in the industry, whether people like him or not, he is real, and has credentials to back up what he says.

if there are any, there are VERY few folks who would take Brian's opinion over Aron's on any subject, there is just too big of a gap there in experience and credentials.... he wants to be Aron, but there is no catching up in any regard.

anyone who would actually bash kifaru is obviously extremely bias, if anything, that dings Stone Glacier worse than kifaru, but SG makes a great pack too.

it makes no sense to bash the leader in the industry (kifaru) and everyone can see through it, it's not a big deal, and the only thing/person that will be negatively effected by that podcast is Brian.

this thread does get Brian what he was looking for though.... views... I probably never would have listened to that podcast, but I have to now out of curiosity, haha

Unfortunately with that kind of comparison Brian discredits himself. It’s shows spite not a true comparison. It’s unfortunate his platform has become what it has become, it’s a walking infomercial.

I run EXO(since they started) and used Kifaru And Stone Glacier. It’s ignorant to trash any of the three. They all have pluses and minuses. But none just stomps the other or is uncomfortablely unusable.

I wonder how long before he burns lampers

Unfortunately with that kind of comparison Brian discredits himself. It’s shows spite not a true comparison. It’s unfortunate his platform has become what it has become, it’s a walking infomercial.

I run EXO(since they started) and used Kifaru And Stone Glacier. It’s ignorant to trash any of the three. They all have pluses and minuses. But none just stomps the other or is uncomfortablely unusable.

I wonder how long before he burns lampers

100% agree. Lampers needs to get away from gritty before he damages his name by association.

Last edited:

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't watch their podcasts just some of the hunting videos. This thread piqued my interest so I went ahead and watched it. I actually thought that he did a fair and balanced comparison and he more than once said it was his personal preference.

Randy

rob86jeep

WKR
I don't watch their podcasts just some of the hunting videos. This thread piqued my interest so I went ahead and watched it. I actually thought that he did a fair and balanced comparison and he more than once said it was his personal preference.

Randy
I tried to watch it but couldn't get through him reading internet comments for 20+ minutes.

Can someone fill me in on why this gritty guy is even relevant? I’m being serious. I’m not on social media but I do keep up with the guys that are contributors to the sport and I only ever hear his name when discussing podcast and social media.

In the big picture none of them are relevant. Such a small number of overall hunters know any of them. I dont listen to podcasts or follow anyone on anything. This is what happens though when you try to get money and fame from hunting. It does nothing but hurt the sport most of the time.

Here is the email that got posted yesterday. Gritty having the MTN ops guys ask Aron for money. I also figure this is how he is circumventing being "sponsored" by some of these companies. He is filtering it through MTN ops that way when he trashes company x over y and gets called out he can say no I'm not sponsored by x. He is basically using MTN ops as a front to hide his bias.Screenshot_20200328-131353.png

Kris201

FNG
There wasn't much thought put into that comparison. If you're going to compare that's fine but bashing a company that got you started is CRAZY!

Randy

My thoughts exactly...and my experience with both packs.

Bash, is used way to much in this thread, imo.

Probably be kicked down to the likes of Badlands.

Easy there.......ha!. Long time badlands user and I put my 2200 through a meat grinder. I never had the wear shown in Gritty's video on that cheap pack. But then again, the fabric on Badlands packs is pretty heavy duty.

Coming from a guy that has some luck, I don't know about you guys, I would rather have a pack that carries 10-15 lbs around like its not even there vs "How it feels loaded". Loaded out heavy always sucks. You carry your pack around pretty much empty way more than heavy.