Grizzlies in Eastern Montana

I heard a grizzly was found in the sand springs/mosby area of eastern Montana. Is this true?

I know of verified reports in Conrad, freezeout lakes, Pryor mountains, crazy mountains and the northwest side of the breaks so far this year

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
I can't deny it, but that is pretty far away from their normal range. Conrad, MT isn't a surprise, that's just a hop and skip from their normal habitat. Mosby would probably be closest to the Yellowstone bears, which must be almost 200 miles away.

You sometimes hear rumors like this in Wyoming too, especially like the Bighorn mountains (even closer to yellowstone), yet they are never confirmed. Maybe just brown colored black bears. It isn't impossible, brown bears can walk a long ways, just unlikely.

MTtrout

WKR
I don’t know about this situation but a grizzly bear was in the Big Snowy a few years back. It’s amazing how much animals travel. I wouldn’t be shocked if one made it to Mosby but he would be traveling alone

FWP sent an email on the Mosby bear a couple weeks ago.

I have multiple pics sent to me of a grizz bear along the Shields River just north of Livingston.