WY GEN $2K Raghorns you shooting?

Nontyp

FNG
If that rag horn comes in screaming and puts on a show I’m stretching the string and taking the shot. It’s more about the hunt than the animal itself.

Laramie

WKR
Or what you know. I’ve hunted areas saw elk every day and killed bulls while guys at the trailhead said they hadn’t seen a single elk.
In general I agree but I have had some stretches over the last 30 years where it was pretty tough to get into them due to weather or pressure. Never had tag soup personally but had to put some lengthy time in on a few years to get it done.

In general I agree but I have had some stretches over the last 30 years where it was pretty tough to get into them due to weather or pressure. Never had tag soup personally but had to put some lengthy time in on a few years to get it done.
That will happen at some point over a 30 year span. lol

I’m definitely not saying it’s easy. No such thing as easy elk hunting. But you got the job done. It sounds to me like a lot of guys in the same area you were, would say they never saw an elk. Sometimes it just comes down to having to do or die attitude.

repins05

WKR
My two cents ……. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Cow, raghorn, 300+ bull. It’s your hunt and at the end of the day, when you fill your tag, you will be the one who remembers it. Maybe it’s your first elk or maybe your 30th, you are the judge and jury. I am happy to see anyone fill their tag. I am happy to see people hunting. It feels like hunters are on a new war front fighting to have the right to hunt.

It’s unfortunate but 2k will probably be the new norm soon. And like everything else, those who have money will have more opportunity than others.