Gunsmith needed- KC area

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
Have a Mauser 98 that I am trying to update.

Bought a 3 position model 70 type of safety to replace the 2 position flag type 98 safety.

Simmons in Olathe KS said they cannot do it.

Any recommendations? TIA

ODB

WKR
make sure whoever you send it to is a Mauser expert. It is not just a matter of swapping the two-position for a three-position. There are plenty of things to look after, some of which are dependent on the series of Mauser and also trigger.

OP
J

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
make sure whoever you send it to is a Mauser expert. It is not just a matter of swapping the two-position for a three-position. There are plenty of things to look after, some of which are dependent on the series of Mauser and also trigger.
Thats what tough thing is. I’ll be reaching out to Mike and rivers bend. Mausers aren’t as popular as they once were.

OP
J

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the advice. I talked with Jeff and he isn't accepting any future projects at this time and pointed me towards another gentleman. *fingers crossed*

tdhanses

WKR
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the advice. I talked with Jeff and he isn't accepting any future projects at this time and pointed me towards another gentleman. *fingers crossed*
Too bad as Jeff does amazing work but he wouldn’t recommend someone he didn’t think would do quality work.

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
I'd try "Nu-Line" custom guns - 1-573-676-5500 or contact "Briley" in Houston.