Gunwerks Suppressors

Looking at getting a .30 cal suppressor. Ive read great things about Gunwerks rifles and see they make cans also. Anyone know any good, bad and ugly on them?

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
Can't really tell you much by way of comparisons but I shot some Gunwerks 6.5 creedmoors with their suppressors a few months ago and they were sweet - noise and recoil reduction was meaningful.

CORam

FNG
Grisha, do you know
Can't really tell you much by way of comparisons but I shot some Gunwerks 6.5 creedmoors with their suppressors a few months ago and they were sweet - noise and recoil reduction was meaningful.
Grisha, do you know which Gunwerks can you were shooting with? The 6ix or the 8ight?

And does anyone have any longer term reviews of the Gunwerks 6ix and 8eight suppressors? I am trying to decide which one to get.

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
These were primarily on their magnus rifle. I don't recall the barrel length, forgot to ask. By comparison my 65 with a brake is great as far as recoil goes but cracking loud.

nikoavg

FNG
Looking at getting a .30 cal suppressor. Ive read great things about Gunwerks rifles and see they make cans also. Anyone know any good, bad and ugly on them?
I like my Deadair Sandman. Shoot it on 17s on up to 30 cal

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a 6IX last year but I'm still waiting on my tax stamp. I was personally torn between the Thunderbeast and the Gunwerks. A co-worker with way more shooting experience owns both and said both are excellent cans. He preferred the tone of the Gunwerks slightly and observed slightly better accuracy and return-to-zero with the Gunwerks.
The Gunwerks was a little cheaper and based on his personal recommendation that's what I went with. I tend to trust Gunwerks to put in the engineering work to produce a good product.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I went to a Gunwerks event last week. Tanya and I shot both the six(on a 6.5 PRC) and the eight(on a 300 PRC). I thought both had a great tone both rifles were extremely accurate out to 1100 yards. I would love to see a Ti version of these cans.

d6c6fba8d74e1d432cd3433a2a480ca3.jpg

Last edited:

CORam

FNG
I went to a Gunwerks event last week. Tanya and I shot both the six(on a 6.5 PRC) and the eight(on a 300 PRC). I thought both had a great tone both rifles were extremely accurate out to 1100 yards. I would love to see a Ti version of these cans.

d6c6fba8d74e1d432cd3433a2a480ca3.jpg
How do you feel the recoil mitigation was with the 6ix on the 6.5 PRC? And how about the 8ight on the 300 PRC? I'm curious to hear about that aspect of them. Were you able to spot misses and impacts with the 6ix on the 6.5 PRC?

ryno1

FNG
Shot the 8ight...worked well...ordered one last year (still in tax stamp jail). I had a tour of the facility where they were making them in Cody, impressive.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
A little bird told me their Ti versions will be out very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
e7c84b3e413b8f0ddce0bcc378f2568d.jpg

I want to know more about that middle one...

BHunter

FNG
So, I have the 6iX + T (Ti) on my LH Magnus 300prc, 24" barrel, Ti action. My tax stamp took exactly 6 months to the day. I have only shot it once to date while gathering velocity data for my load workup. I will report back here after I have more time behind it. IMG_6119.jpg download.jpg