Hammer bullets

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Hopping in on this late but I’ve shot the Barnes LRX for years and had fantastic luck with them but could only ever get them to shoot .75-1” groups at 100. My dad started shouting hammers and the leaked my interest and so I started shooting them last summer. They do require a fast twist so if you have a factory barrel you will probably be shooting what feels like light for caliber which I struggled with at the beginning, but being able to shoot sun 0.5 and mostly sun 0.4” groups at a 100 convinced me to give them a try. Killed 2 bucks with them last year and was very impressed. Both were marginal shots based on a scope mounting issue I didn’t know I had at the time. But both were quick clean kills. And the shed peddles worked as described, which I was also skeptical about. They just came out with a tipped higher BC version that I just shot a big boar with last week and was just as impressed as before. I don’t think you can go wrong with them.

What caliber and twist you got?

TxLite

WKR
7 SAUM specialty pistol:
3 deer 300-320 yds one shot each DRT with the 143 Hammer Hunter. One at 500 yds DRT one shot.
One with the 120 Hammer Hunter DRT at 200 yds one shot.
I’d be interested in seeing more info/pics about this build

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
7mm-08 with 120HH @3000fps drop deer and hogs like being struck by lightning. (to 300yds) Have not shot further with them yet.