Hamskea Hybrid Hunter SO LOUD

Just received a 2021 PSE EVO 34. Shop set it up with a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter. I am 80% confident it's the rest, but possibly the whole set up.....but this is the LOUDEST rig I've ever shot. The rest is not coming into contact with the riser.

Am I overlooking a very simple tuning or timing of the rest? Sure seems to be smacking down very hard and metal to metal.

They are loud. They are now doing a rubber dampener on the cable and a different lever arm. It's supposed to help.

Timing being off on a bow can make it louder. Also if you are shooting lighter arrows or heavier weight than you were previously it's going to of course be louder.

Might be vane contact. Try moving the cord an inch or two down the limb towards the limb bolts.

my QAD rest does the ‘clink’ pretty loud after dropping. Even with some cushy felt on riser. Its like internal noise and not the slapping on the rest.

Other than a whisker biscuit, is any drop away hunting rest (not target rests) quiet?

There are two metal screws on the bottom, one controls up movement, one is the stop going down. Switch out the down screw with a nylon screw, I use nylon washers or sandpaper to get the screw the right length when tight. That will cut the loud clank/smack out of the shot. Your instructions sheet will explain those two screw adjustments and which is which.

Jotis

WKR
Mine seems loud also. I think it's the spring making the noise. Like like rest but hate the noise. Anybody try adding some cat whiskers to the string?

Mine seems loud also. I think it's the spring making the noise. Like like rest but hate the noise. Anybody try adding some cat whiskers to the string?

I have seen that. Can't tell you that it makes huge difference.

I pulled mine back off today, going back to the qad mxt.

Just received a 2021 PSE EVO 34. Shop set it up with a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter. I am 80% confident it's the rest, but possibly the whole set up.....but this is the LOUDEST rig I've ever shot. The rest is not coming into contact with the riser.

Am I overlooking a very simple tuning or timing of the rest? Sure seems to be smacking down very hard and metal to metal.
I would call Devan at hamskea he will help you out.

devinhal

FNG
The first thing I would check is the activation cord attachment. I don't recommend attaching it to the yolk splitters due to noise and additional oscillation at the shot. Try mounting the cord 2-3" down from the limb tip and that will make the rest much quieter. You just want to make sure the attachment point has enough movement that the cord goes a little slack and the launcher is able to raise all the way up.

If you have any questions, give me a call at the Hamskea Office. 970-978-8490 extension #2

i agree coming from qads and ripcords they definitely have more twang from the cord. I put a trinity on my v3 and ended up getting the dampener kit to try and quiet things down. wish it would have came that way. might also try a monkey tail on the cord. other than th extra noise they are sweet

i agree coming from qads and ripcords they definitely have more twang from the cord. I put a trinity on my v3 and ended up getting the dampener kit to try and quiet things down. wish it would have came that way. might also try a monkey tail on the cord. other than th extra noise they are sweet
This is what I do - you can use monkey tails or I like the little Pine Ridge buttons that you string on the activation chord. It really helps the twang.

Fadeaduno

FNG
According to people shooting next to me mine was loud although I never noticed it until it was mention to me and I played around with it on a vise. I decided to go with their new dampener kit bec of the noise and had a friends spring fail on him so I figured I’d give it a shot. And instantly notice the noise was gone.

Mine seems loud to me on a prime nexus 4...but, I've been hunting with longbows for the last 21 years. Had to switch to a compound this year due to a bad draw elbow. So the whole package seems loud to me. ..grin...

devinhal

FNG
The rebound dampener does help to quite the system a little bit, but it is also important to attach the activation cord in the proper location. You only want the launcher in the upright position for about 50% of the power stroke.

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
my QAD rest does the ‘clink’ pretty loud after dropping. Even with some cushy felt on riser. Its like internal noise and not the slapping on the rest.

Other than a whisker biscuit, is any drop away hunting rest (not target rests) quiet?
Limbdriver ProV. Just a P.I.T.A to set up and tune compared to others in my opinion

still love mine. My current full set up is one of the most quiet, dead-in-hand rigs I’ve ever shot

I just got a Trinity rest, a little worried now...but really want to upgrade from the QAD Hunter that came with my bow.

The rebound dampener does help to quite the system a little bit, but it is also important to attach the activation cord in the proper location. You only want the launcher in the upright position for about 50% of the power stroke.
Devin,
Are you supposed to removed the spring if you are using the rebound dampener, I’m currently using both on my trinity, out of pure ignorance.

devinhal

FNG
Devin,
Are you supposed to removed the spring if you are using the rebound dampener, I’m currently using both on my trinity, out of pure ignorance.
The Rebound Dampener does the same thing as the Dampening Coil Spring, just in a little different way. If you have the Rebound Dampener, you don't need the Coil Spring any more. I have been using the Dampener for well over a year now and absolutely love it. Use it on my hunting and target rigs with great success. We released a new lever arm so that you can eliminate the spring and just rely on the Dampener. Here is a link.
Large Tear Drop Lever Arm