Hamskea?

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been shooting QAD rests forever and a day and I like them. I think they could do a little better in the durability arena but I’ve have only minor problems over the years. My Traverse wears a QAD Integrate and performs very well but….

I’ve been wanting to try out a Hamskea and the Epsilon is really calling me. But I don’t know if it is worth switching it up out of a sense of curiosity at this point.

Who has been been through a switch?

If you need to try it, then go for it. Worth it? To me, no if your bow if shooting well. I did the switch on a V3. I never really saw a difference or thought something was better. In fact, the Epsilon would get caught up in my quiver so I changed the quiver. It’s all give and take but both rests are solid.

BBob

WKR
I’ve used both on a V3. I’m back with the QAD for the simple fact that I can put it in the up position and have the arrow better contained. I hunted with Ripcord’s for many many years so I’m just far more used to that. The Epsilon I think is a tougher rest but I haven’t hurt the QAD so no difference there for me.

OP
V

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I’ll think on it some more, the arrow capture on the QAD in the up pos is a plus for me and given the mechanism of the Hamskea I had wondered about. Just having some gear buying itch because I’ll be building up a new bow. I picked up an as new condition Phase 4 33” for a good price. Winter boredom hits the bank account hard lol.

I tried the Epsilon on my v3 33 for a while. Never could get it shooting very well personally. I didn't change the launcher, but I played with timing a bunch, going from very little support to a whole lot of support.

Ended up back with a QAD integrate (which moved rest closer to grip) and the bow shot a lot better. Few months later decided to try a a TRI on it and after torque tuning the blade ended up about at the berger hole and the bow absolutely hammers now.

So I suspect my issue wasn't with the rest at all, but rather the location, which unfortunately can't be changed with the Epsilon, or the QAD integrate. Just going to depend on where you need it to be. I think the Epsilon is a well built rest and should be pretty problem free.

Matt G.

WKR
I picked up the epsilon last spring and I am back to the QAD. Both are solid options but I just like the flip up to hold arrow and less cord to get table in crap since I like to lay bow in stuff...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I think Hamskea makes the best rests out there. Very bombproof and reliable. I’ve had a few rests over The years that failed. Hamskea is always working for me!

I have an Epsilon on my new bow and have been shooting a QAD for many years. No issues with the QAD, just wanted to try something different. It's a good rest, no issues at all with it. I do like the QAD being able to flip up. The Epsilon shoots well, performs every time, very adjustable. I'll probably stick to it, but IMO, not a gamechanger. If you like to tinker, like I do, go for it, you may like it. I do.

KHNC

WKR
I have two Trinity's. Havent seen a need to change to Epsilon. The Trinity is an excellent rest.

I’ve been shooting QAD rests forever and a day and I like them. I think they could do a little better in the durability arena but I’ve have only minor problems over the years. My Traverse wears a QAD Integrate and performs very well but….

I’ve been wanting to try out a Hamskea and the Epsilon is really calling me. But I don’t know if it is worth switching it up out of a sense of curiosity at this point.

Who has been been through a switch?
I have, hamskea hasn’t missed a beat in 3 years, zero maintenance… last 2 QAD’s got sticky fairly quick, I think it’s the fern pollen/moisture combo that makes them sticky, but at this point I don’t trust them at all, I would rather shoot a WB than a QAD

I have been rocking a vapor trail the past couple years and it’s so far reliable, but I wouldn’t buy another over a hamskea, hamskea just seem so simple and reliable with no place for wet debris to hide and cause problems

Reactions: ZDR