Has the coronavirus affected your hunting plans?

Drenalin

WKR
Indirectly, yes. My wife being out of work with all this had brought up the potential to not be able to swing it this year. Then both the guys who were supposed to go with me have backed out due to similar issues. So, it may be next year before I'm able to get out west for an elk hunt. The flip side to that is, I'm planning some interesting whitetail hunts here in the east and may even get mixed up in a bear hunt. And this would be in addition to the 30-ish days I normally spend whitetail hunting each fall. So not all bad, but definitely different than I had planned.

mlgc20

WKR
Yes. I am still planning on doing my 2 DIY public land elk hunts. But, I had planned on doing a private land whitetail hunt and late season cow elk hunt. I might still do one of those two hunts. But, they are on hold at the moment and have not been booked.

Mosby

WKR
I didn't do a turkey or spring bear hunt this year because of the virus.

CJF

WKR
Yes. There's more people running around in the woods than I've ever seen. Didn't affect my turkey hunt outcome, but it's annoying.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I was scheduled to be in Argentina at the end or March, stag hunt for a week and some business stuff the next week. That was cancelled. I had a friend who was supposed to come up and fly fish mid-April, my wife was due with our third child about a week later, we cancelled that to be on the safe side since he would be staying at my house for a night.

Other than that, I've fished. The rivers have been less crowded when I went since the virus shut down the guide services.

Scheduled for elk in September and my normal hunting as well (ducks, deer, bear), no plans on changing that as of yet.

Kilboars

WKR
Had to move my Canadian moose hunt to 2022 but heading to TX for Axis in two weeks and still going to MT first week in Sept.

Did fill my freezer with some local free range pork a few weeks back.

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 15

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. I will find out in a couple days whether or not we drew our half-price cow elk tag in Wyoming. I bought an SD archery deer tag out of hope.

I'm a partial owner of a dental office and we've been shut down for two months and the time or money may not be there come this fall.

Has not changed my plans at all. Looking forward to getting out scouting next month and hang some cameras. Only way my hunts could be hindered is if my work decides to close up shop for a bit

Working more. Daddy day care (6 and 2 year old boys) when I'm off since school and daycare are closed. Really thankful to be "essential" and able to enjoy my time with the boys stress free. I've stopped fretting about me-time. It'll come soon enough.

WCB

WKR
picked up a cancellation hunt at 1/2 price...hunted with the outfitter last year....and excited to go back this year.

Other than that nothing has changed

bertha

FNG
Not at all
o.png

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
Montana archery Elk.....to be determined. I'm remaining positive about it.

Chris

FNG
I’m suppose to be in NZ but they shut it down completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusader

WKR
Yes. Am about to pull the plug on a planned antelope hunt trip, won't apply for WY tags. Wife's job is possibly in jeopardy due to COVID and being just a few years out from retirement need to be real careful with expenditures right now.

I was hoping I would draw more out-of-state tags this year, but didn’t play out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyB

WKR
Waiting for Montana Governor to lift the 14 day quarantine for out of state travelers. Spring bear ends June 15th in some units, so I am hopeful.