Haters!

Akicita

WKR
Something my Brother-In-Law shared with me:

"I have seen a lot of hate spewed in recent days about a man who is a constant winner and overachiever, and that's what the people who support him like about him. Yes, he's been caught in some lies and maybe twisted the truth a little but he's still out there proving his haters wrong time after time! Some people are just jealous of someone who is successful and has money. Throw in a hot foreign model at his side and they hate even more. I know some of you may not have wanted him in his role, but he's there now, and there's nothing you can do about it. It’s just going to get worse over the next several days, but like it or not, Tom Brady is in the Super Bowl."

Beendare

WKR
People would rather hate ...than actually get to the facts.

The Exec Order on Immigration reform is a perfect example. The liberals are spouting off "its anti Muslim"....well did you read the the actual order? If not I recommend reading the couple pages as it is NOT anti Muslim..... in fact much of the order is similar to the one Obama enacted but didn't enforce. It essentially excludes folks that have zero documentation...especially from countries like Syria.

The news media keeps spouting the same 'anti muslim' commentary ...total Fake news.....read the EO Meryl!

We don't want folks that can't prove who they actually are! Its not our fault you don't have a birth cert...or your village didn't keep accurate records...we can't risk it. Plus, we have our own problems.....we don't need to import more!

OP
Akicita

Akicita

WKR
Beendare- I think you misread my post or didn't read read it in it's entirety. . . I do appreciate that there are still some logical thinkers in the Bay area -

Respectfully,
Akicita Tsunkawankan Nu

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's funny........because before I even got to the end of your quote I was thinking "That's exactly why people love to hate Brady". People hate winners.

I'll tell you one thing......this is going to be the first Super Bowl I've ever watched that I can just sit back and enjoy it. If the Falcons come out and totally dominate the Patriots.......good for them. If the Patriots come out and do the same to the Falcons......good for them. If it's a tight game the entire way........good for both teams and America football fans.

1signguy

WKR
Whether you like him or not- you have to respect a winner. People who bash winners are really just showing themselves to be hateful, insecure and resentful of others success. Would love to see our country go back to where we celebrate winners and aspire to win. Never played on a team that didn't have a great leader and never worked for a poor person. America needs winners!

Hoping for a good game!

This is not directed at Brady but why is it that every time people voice a dislike for someone successful it has to be jealousy? Maybe people just don't like the guy because he is a whiner or lied or they just hate his attitude.

elkyinzer

WKR
It's his attitude and arrogance. Peyton, to borrow that common comparison, is the everyman. Seems like the kinda guy that you could knock back a few beers with and have some good conversation. Brady, on the other hand and whether or not it's actually true, presents himself as an uppity douchebag. Nobody can relate to him. And his coach could use a good punch in the face and a trip to effing Men's Warehouse to learn to dress like an adult. Go Falcons.

Scoot

WKR
Beendare- I think you misread my post or didn't read read it in it's entirety. . .

I think he read it right and read it to completion. The quote was meant to very intentionally mislead the reader to conclude it was about someone other than who is mentioned at the end of the paragraph. His reply was about who the paragraph was joking about...

It's his attitude and arrogance. Peyton, to borrow that common comparison, is the everyman. Seems like the kinda guy that you could knock back a few beers with and have some good conversation. Brady, on the other hand and whether or not it's actually true, presents himself as an uppity douchebag. Nobody can relate to him. And his coach could use a good punch in the face and a trip to effing Men's Warehouse to learn to dress like an adult. Go Falcons.
This couldn't have something to do with his complete domination over the Steelers in the last decade or so, could it? :) I'm just going out on a limb and guessing that you're a Steelers fan, but I could be wrong.

This :D

I am a die hard Broncos fan. I do respect the hell out of what those two (Brady and Belichick) have been able to accomplish as far as having excellent game plans and executing on the football field. Their "gates" however makes one question the way they do things.

Stickinit

FNG
This couldn't have something to do with his complete domination over the Steelers in the last decade or so, could it? :) I'm just going out on a limb and guessing that you're a Steelers fan, but I could be wrong.

Being a Steeler fan, it does hurt that we continue to run a zone defense that he just picks apart. But if you knock him around a bit, he gets his panties in a wad, and cries like a wimp. That's the only reason I despise him. Just suck it up, shut up, and play ball. Jack Lambert used to say "Quaterbacks should wear dresses"

It takes a lot for Belichek to walk anywhere, seeing as he is weighed down by all that hardware. Unfortunately Peyton doesn't have that problem.

Tool or not ill take winners over a cool guy any day. Do i think Ugg boots on men are gay?? yep. But he is one of the best to ever do it, and no one gets to take that away.

After all its not like I am going to get to be friends with either of them.

on a side note, I cannot STAND the word Hater. it is used so much at this point it is ingratiating. If you have any type of criticizer of anything your considered a hater, its to much.

Being a Steeler fan, it does hurt that we continue to run a zone defense that he just picks apart. But if you knock him around a bit, he gets his panties in a wad, and cries like a wimp. That's the only reason I despise him. Just suck it up, shut up, and play ball. Jack Lambert used to say "Quaterbacks should wear dresses"
Well first off Jack Lambert is a big pussy!! And second, Jack if your out there reading this, please know that I'm joking, just joking.:)

elkyinzer

WKR

A bit...I'm a stillers fan indeed, but they are my 3rd favorite team in town and I have a sort of disdain for the character of some current and past players which results in mixed feelings about them, but I root for the logo and the franchise over said despised players. So I'm not as invested and more objective than many of my fellow yinzers.

No doubt Brady will retire as the GOAT at the QB and Belicheater belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of coaches. I'm just describing why he they are so despised and it has nothing to do with his play or rings or MVPs and everything to do with actions, demeanor, and presentation.

elkyinzer

WKR
Well first off Jack Lambert is a big pussy!! And second, Jack if your out there reading this, please know that I'm joking, just joking.:)

He is or was a deputy game warden I think somewhere out East, I know people that have run into him and say he is a heck of a down to earth guy!

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
To bastardize a great line from a great movie... "A man who's not willing to cheat for a __(superbowl)____, don't want one bad enough. :D