Have you cancelled hunting plans due to fuel costs/inflation?

Have you/may you cancel plans for hunting season due to inflation?

• I have cancelled a hunting trip

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • I may cancel a hunting trip

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • My plans won’t change regardless

Votes: 233 80.1%

• Total voters

dtrkyman

WKR
Not yet but it is getting a bit crazy. Almost at 100 bux to fill up the other day. When I guide in the fall I get reimbursed for gas, that is going to cost the boss man some coin!!!

cnelk

WKR
I have until midnight Tuesday to determine if im going to use my 4 Wyo Antelope PPs.

Decisions Decisions

Nope we actually added a few trips, cost of our activities have never been a factor in choosing what we do its only money They print it everyday.
Might as well spend it while we are above ground
Lifes to short gotta enjoy it while. You can

Due to a combination of working a reduced contract this year to finish her doctorate, and the pay raise associated with achieving the doctorate level, my wife will be taking a 45% pay raise in August. First paycheck this will hit on is September! No I haven't canceled any hunts. And given that I drew Wyoming, I'll go back with rifle if I don't kill archery. But I'm also only about 500 miles away from my unit.

Family is very comfortable on our earnings now, so while filling up sucks it's not the end of the world. I truly feel for those that are living paycheck to paycheck because inflation has to be kicking them hard. (And I mean those with low income, not the self inflicted paycheck to paycheck problems)

I’m going either way. I try to budget for hunting trips a year in advance.

Two guys I hunt with at times are not due to several issues, fuel being one of the main ones.

Been running baits all spring long, 500-700 miles a weekend. Time is short, and when I'm too old to do shit, I won't be talking/thinking about how much I paid for gas, rather how I kept moving, to keep moving!

Curious what percentage of folks have.

I’m willing to bet there will be a marked decrease in pressure across the board, especially OTC units/states.

Trying to see the silver lining in all of this!
im willing to bet there will be double the pressure

Mosby

WKR
I use to drive to do some short 3-5 day bird hunts and go back a few weeks later for another. Now I am going to go and stay longer instead of driving back and forth. I don't plan on canceling anything but $10 a gallon might change my mind.

I think you should throw this poll up again the first of august. It’s nice to draw tags right now. Gets folks fired up.
The way this economy is looking to go, I’d bet minds change in a few months.
mine won't be changing doesn't matter what it cost price of something is no big deal

I’m gonna be hunting less because I chose to take a different job in March and won’t have as much PTO, but in order to maintain my sanity I’ve also been scouting out locations closer to home that I have overlooked in the past, places I can do morning and evening hunts, which just might work out OK with the price of fuel. I applied for a deer tag that would cost me about $600 in fuel if I drove my truck, but my wife has a V6 SUV that will get about 28 mpg vs my trucks 13 so if I draw I’ll probably take it. I also bought myself a little commuter car to save on fuel the rest of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going with the better gas mileage route...
View attachment 414530

In all seriousness no. I don't care if gas is $10 a gallon - I'll figure it out. You only get so many years of elk hunting. I'm not going to miss one because I can't afford the gas.
So what you’re saying is you can afford the gas.
When you can’t afford something, you don’t buy it, hence you don’t go.