Hawke Optics

TravisIN

WKR
Does anyone have any experience with anything from Hawke. I was in a gun shop recently and they were raving over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawke has great scopes (both riflescopes and spotting scopes) and probably the worst marketing dept ever so nobody knows about their optics. The Airgun guys have been raving about their riflescopes for years
Please give a call and we can discuss what would be best for you

Do you guys carry their spotting scopes? Curious about the 50mm they have

Do you guys carry their spotting scopes? Curious about the 50mm they have

I recently picked up the little Hawke 50 spotting scope. Haven't had a chance to really try it out due to the cold weather here. Seems to be pretty nice for a small spotter that can easily slide in a pack. Waiting on a KDC tripod to put with it. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

I recently picked up the little Hawke 50 spotting scope. Haven't had a chance to really try it out due to the cold weather here. Seems to be pretty nice for a small spotter that can easily slide in a pack. Waiting on a KDC tripod to put with it. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

That’s kinda the combo I was thinking about going. Anxious to hear what you have to say about it

That’s kinda the combo I was thinking about going. Anxious to hear what you have to say about it

UPS delivered the KDC today and the weather was warmer so took the chance to look everything over while I could.

The Hawke 50ED looks like it will work for my intended purposes. My plan is to use it for a light weight pack scope away from the truck. I generally glass with bino and then verify with the spotter. I compared it to my Razor 65mm and in good light it is close to the same for my eyes. The biggest limits appear to be eye relief and field of vision. I can work around those to save the weight in the pack. I lost a little bit right at the end of day. I would put it about 3 minutes less of light at full power. Sweet spot for me was 12x-30x, over that got a little touchy to focus.

The KDC seems to be the ticket for lightweight. I ordered the 33" with the qd mount. Was stable enough though I had no wind today. It held the scope great with no worries.

Overall the combo is great for just over 35 oz. Iny my opinion I wouldn't plan on panning with it much but to verify things it should work great.

BTW, I got my Hawke from Doug at CameraLand. Great guy to work with.

Little late, but I picked up a pair of the frontier ED 10x42’s because I needed something quick. I like them quite a bit. I’d say they are equal to the vortex vipers and I got the hawked for about $100 less than the same size viper

Back